Looking for 966, 1066, or 1466 with bad engine

Meyers Farms

Thought this might get more views in this section. I'm looking for an IH 966, 1066, or 1466 with a bad engine. I have a good engine to drop in. Not too concerned with looks. I'm open to cab or open station. I've been watching pulloff and tractorhouse. Let me know what is out there, thanks!

Last edited:
Tri State Tractor Parts in Fort Atkinson Iowa is always selling parts tractors. Im close by to look if you find something there you are interested in.

I've seen a few 806's at one house on 56 heading out towards Mt. Sterling. They looked to be in 'havent moved' condition though.

Tri State Tractor Parts in Fort Atkinson Iowa is always selling parts tractors. Im close by to look if you find something there you are interested in.

Chris, good to see you on here. I may have missed it, but haven't noticed it. Thanks for the offer and the tip on Tri state. I'll check them out!

I've seen a few 806's at one house on 56 heading out towards Mt. Sterling. They looked to be in 'havent moved' condition though.

I'm interested, where on 56? I get up that way for the Farm Science Review every year. I'm not opposed to another trip; especially one that close to home!

Sorry Chris it won't let me edit, I meant to say "I may have missed it, but haven't noticed you on here in awhile."

There was a jam up 1466 at a auction last saturday. I messes with it when we preveiwed it and it was a really nice tractor. I didnt see what it sold for because they were using tractorfacts for online bidding and it has never worked for me. We are trying to get them to switch to proxibid because it is alot more user friendly. I can keep my eyes peeled down south if you dont mind traveling for one.

There was a jam up 1466 at a auction last saturday. I messes with it when we preveiwed it and it was a really nice tractor. I didnt see what it sold for because they were using tractorfacts for online bidding and it has never worked for me. We are trying to get them to switch to proxibid because it is alot more user friendly. I can keep my eyes peeled down south if you dont mind traveling for one.

Thanks for the offer! I'm definitely interested, although it would have to be a good deal to make it worth my drive. I'm looking for a project tractor that I can drop an engine in.

I understand. There is always a salvage row at the tractor auctions. Some are true basket cases and others just need minor work. The good thing is most all the auctions around other than the new one we found use proxibid. If i find one i can let you know and send some pictures and take a good look for you.

I understand. There is always a salvage row at the tractor auctions. Some are true basket cases and others just need minor work. The good thing is most all the auctions around other than the new one we found use proxibid. If i find one i can let you know and send some pictures and take a good look for you.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that!

I'm interested, where on 56? I get up that way for the Farm Science Review every year. I'm not opposed to another trip; especially one that close to home!

I'll have to get some land marks or an address the next time I go by, I just know it's between 56/104 intersection and Mt. Sterling. I've noted a few others while traveling the state, but now that I know you need one I'll start noting their locations.

I'll have to get some land marks or an address the next time I go by, I just know it's between 56/104 intersection and Mt. Sterling. I've noted a few others while traveling the state, but now that I know you need one I'll start noting their locations.

Thanks!

We will be making 2 auctions the 2nd week of jan. If thee is anything there like you are after I will let you know.

There's a 966 on Columbus cl, I text him, knows nothing about it, was on the property when he bought it, has a full front weight rack, and one set of split weights on rear, cab tractor with busted back glass. Thinks one rear tire may need replaced (it's flat). There's a 5 bottom plow with it, told me $5k, but just checked the add, and know it says $4500, and will split the pair. Tach only shows 2237hrs. Location listed as Laurelville. Has a cell number listed 614-496-1553

Back