2007 Dually Ppump 24v build

CGilley

Rebuilding my '07 CC dually after an engine fire. I'll be posting updates here as I go. I have a good base to start from but still have a ways to go so I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I live in the DFW now so I don't plan on using this for a daily anymore. Pics are from before and after the fire.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2794 2.jpg
    IMG_2794 2.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 0
Pulled the CR with dual CP3s and ATS compounds along with the full billet Suncoast 48re. Wiring is completely toast so I am planning on going back with an '02 24v that I previously fire ringed and threw on a Piers stupid pump. I am still stuck between refreshing the 48re and using a manual vb or going with a nv5600.

I'm also in need of some fuel lines for the Ppump 24v. I originally had some .120 lines from Haisley but sold them when I didn't plan on using the engine anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    690.8 KB · Views: 0
What started the fire....or have you posted that elsewhere?

I still haven't pinpointed the culprit of the fire but it started from the middle area of the engine bay and the smoke when it first started smelled like a burning oil and fuel mixture. I just haven't figured out what could have actually ignited it unless the hood liner dropped on the small turbo and smoldered or something.

This type of questioning should be banned from the website. Can we get a moderator in here please. :hehe:

I just see what was a compound turbo, dual CP3, CR truck and cant imagine anyone being impressed with the way a p-pump engine is going to drive around town compared to that.

Why a p-pump?

It's just something I have already. I've also been considering finding a donor truck to just replace everything electrical and drop the CR back in it. I just don't know for sure the ECM is still usable after the fire. It's not burned but the harness burned right up to the plug.

Another idea I've had:
I'm purchasing an early '04 single cab 6 Spd 4x4 soon that would probably be a lot of fun with the 07's CR in front of it...

I like the P-pump idea. Looking forward to this.

I guess it comes down to if I can find a donor truck to find all of the parts I need. I need to find a new TIPM and body harness anyways, and for what they cost I might be better off finding a totaled truck for to part out and use what I need.

This type of questioning should be banned from the website. Can we get a moderator in here please. :hehe:

Either way I go, I definitely plan on using the P pump in something. I think I could have a lot of fun with that 13mm Piers pump in whatever it goes in lol.

Back