Flat beds

Thanks 4x4dually here is anothe shot from the front.
May08Perky019.jpg

May08Perky013.jpg

Last edited:
They both make some very nice beds. The Moritz bed is a close copy of the Hillsboro, but not exact. The extrusions run cross ways on the Moritz, but lengthwise on the Hillsboro. Other small details are different as well. I've got a friend that just put a Moritz on his chassis cab and I'm jealous.:lolly:

Yeah there are slight differences. I really wanted the smooth aluminum but didn't want to wait 2 months for it so went with the diamond plate.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

@ inline6power-

You've really got a neat daily driver. Nothing cooler than a twin turbo truck with a flatbed. :woohoo:

Thanks alot. It's been my idea of a daily driver for along time. Always wanted a regular cab 4x4 6spd truck with a flatbed and twins. Really appreciate it man

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is what I am thinking, Still tweaking the plan as I go.

0901112129.jpg
[/IMG]

That shaded triangle is a 7" deep box to secure chains and such. The headache rack ends are also the stacks, 6x6 square tubing set at a 45* angle to the frame.

0901112128.jpg
[/IMG]

I was thinking to make the sides with 1x3 C channel and welding 4" pieces of 1/4" plate to form anchors. Still working on how to make side boxes look cool.

May08Perky008.jpg

May08Perky009.jpg

May08Perky014.jpg

HX35 and HT60 for the twins.The piping is powder coated crome and the rest I polished the alluminum myself.

Dale

Did you build a bed for a maroon mega cab with sticker on the windshield that reads 'Swamp Buggy"

Not that i know of, we built a bed for a maroon dodge megacab that was a single wheel that we also converted to a dually, but i didn't see a sticker on the windshield at that time. Although i recently ran across the truck we built the bed for, it was on craigslist so who know, could be?

Back