blown fuse

jtinlbc

hello people I keep blowing the number 19 fuse
its a 10 amp fuse
and according to the owners manual it is for the auxillary powertrain control module.
now I am no electrician, but I like to do everything myself.
what should I do and where should I start.

jtinlbc said:
its a 10 amp fuse
and according to the owners manual it is for the auxillary powertrain control module.

Is that the fuse that blows when the fuel bowl heater goes out? I'm not 100% sure, but i would disconnect the heater on the fuel bowl and then replace the fuse and see if that fixes your problem.

If that was the case and you keep blowing the fuel heater fuse then Id venture a guess you have one of those aftermarket fuel filters the come with the lid attached to it?? They have been known to short out the heater element.Good news is its fixable bad news is you need to buy a new one..Or ley me know and Ill see if Ive got a good used one laying around here(I should) and get you set up.

does the apcm control the fuel heater
It blows at different times cold, hot, it doesnt seem to matter

so let me get this right the type of fuel filter that I stick in the can causes this
which filter should I be using
and it doesnt do this all the time about 2-3 times a week and I drive my truck alot

Yes, The cheaper filters that come with the cap have been known to press on the fuel heater and short it out. Use the factory Motorcraft filter or the Wix 33518 or the Oreillys' house brand 33518 or 33518R (one without the cap).
All 3 of these are from the same manufacturer and are even in the same bag minus a sticker or stamp.

jtinlbc said:
its a 10 amp fuse

Fuse #30 is a 30amp and feeds the PCM, IDM, Fuel Heater, and wastegate solenoid.

#19 does, Aux pcm, Clutch pedal position sw,Idle validation sw,overhead trip computer module,GEM, cancel OD Sw,and instrument cluster.

Back