AFC foot movement and psi questions

turbo2387

Nipple Fluffer
At what % foot movement does the afc foot get out of the way and the fuel plate takes over

In a street driven compound set-up what kind of psi works well in conjunction with foot movement.

Stock movement on the shaft is approximately

Initial 0-2psi
Half 15
Full 22

In quick spool compounds mine was 40 max travel. Used an inner BBC valve spring and cut a coil and half off. Or stay with the light spring and run a regulator, that's what I'd do.

I aim to supply full movement at around 75% full pressure. The fuel plate is RPM based, and the AFC is pressure based. I honestly like how it feels better without the plate for street driving.

Stiffer springs seem to work better on fuel control for me. Just found a spring that is

Im concerned about the initial movement at 15psi.

Stiffer springs seem to work better on fuel control for me. Just found a spring that is

Im concerned about the initial movement at 15psi.

x2

I'm running full travel at about 38psi. I used a gov spring out of something. I can't remember what. We've got a thread on here somewhere with the info though.

Go with a light spring and regulate the input air, it works perfect and easier to fine tune.

Ukkk... more stuff that doesnt look pretty

With the new quickrate pump i plan on going with larger injectors. Wonder how the appropriate amount of pre boost would work. When i tow heavy i often sit at about 20psi.

Question still is. At what movement % does the foot get out of the way for the plate? Because ide like things to get rowdy around 25psi but a drivable usable truck under that.

Auto trans need a good afc so you are pulling back on the tv lever, manual valve body or trans you can set them where you like it.

I bet you'd like no plate and a spring that takes 40psi to max the afc, or keep your light spring and splice in a regulator and set it to need 40psi to reach max travel.

So the goal is to figure out when the afc foot gets out of the way. To determine when the afc reaches full travel how much, if any, rack travel is left. How much rack travel after the afc, fuel plate or not.

So i drove the truck around with the stiff spring in it and man what a noticable difference. Its like have 2 stages of fuel. It is easy to build boost and go nuts from a roll but if you lug it. Like is common when you tow. It doesnt matter how hard you mash the go pedal. You get a light haze and boost slowly comes back to life. You do not get plumes of smoke and spinning tires. I very much wanna hook up to the traler and tractor and give it a go.

Back