180 / 160 pump swap

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I have my 1995 that basic work done to it. I recently aquired a ht4b and have been collecting parts for compounds.
I also picked up a good running 1996 12v from a guy that moved out of state and plan on reselling it but was wondering if swapping injection pumps would be worth the time vs gains? The 180 pump is stock

Yes it is worth it in the long run.

I went from a 175 pump to a 180 pump on my ppump 24v and it was night and day different. That may have something to do with the fact plungers were sticking on my 175 pump tho :)

Went from a 160 pump on my 95 to a 180 pump and it runs stronger. Butt dyno doesn't mean much but I like to tell myself swapping the pump was worth it LOL

My 160 has acted up in the past. It pushed the barrel right up out of the pump. The nuts rattled off. Luckily it snapped back into place.

My 160 has acted up in the past. It pushed the barrel right up out of the pump. The nuts rattled off. Luckily it snapped back into place.

If that is the case maybe this is as good of a time as ever to ditch that pump. If the pump has never been rebuilt you may consider doing the swap even more. Those pumps are known have some issues with plungers sticking. That is what happened to my 175 pump. Thing got a mind of its own when it got warm. Running away and knocking hard.

I was going to go with 5x18s on my 160 pump . I'm building a 351/4b setup. I was told a 160 can't support much more than a 5x18. How much bigger could I go with the 180 pump and the compounds? It's street driven

Back