79 Malibu with wet deck plate d-max

WPDiesel

New build for us here @ WP diesel as well for the 2021 season. Those of you on the book of faces know but I’ll share some details.

We want something to fit rules in the small tire 28x10.5 no prep scene. So being I can’t move the fire wall and don’t want the torque of a Cummins, I decided to do a true TWIN turbo wet deck plate lml block d max.. more rpm, better management of torque, lighter in weight on the nose, fits without modifying the firewall! I have a couple projects to finish here in January then it’s sleepless night to the end!! Trying to be testing in March!! Hope covid falls off and we can!! We will build a non-lockup th400 to mate to it, billet aluminum connecting rods, and be able to go get dilly bars in town with it!! Full interior! I’ll try to keep this updated along the way we plan to make YouTube video of the build.

Merry Christmas y’all

Attachments

• D0AC9816-02B9-41B6-AF4B-3641118F0E5A.jpg
    D0AC9816-02B9-41B6-AF4B-3641118F0E5A.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 6F229D19-700E-4B7F-B951-056DF44E7CBA.jpg
    6F229D19-700E-4B7F-B951-056DF44E7CBA.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 0
  • B2CB83BB-C15F-44C6-BF33-622D9BA2EDA2.jpg
    B2CB83BB-C15F-44C6-BF33-622D9BA2EDA2.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 0
Looking forward to seeing it run

Will be following the build

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What flavor d-max ya building? Lb7 heads, or LBZ heads... bottom end basic stuff or narrowed journal cranks and all the fixens....? Im getting the itch to referb my old lb7 for shiz and giggles.

Im interested in the true twin turbo setup. Will be interesting to see how its laid out. Whats the plans for the chargers?

What flavor d-max ya building? Lb7 heads, or LBZ heads... bottom end basic stuff or narrowed journal cranks and all the fixens....? Im getting the itch to referb my old lb7 for shiz and giggles.

It’s going to be a lml block, Lmm/lbz heads, talked about lb7 crank with the aluminum rods some claim to help keep it from breaking!

Im interested in the true twin turbo setup. Will be interesting to see how its laid out. Whats the plans for the chargers?

Well one of my best buddies is John Gilbert he has a couple different turbo set ups we are thinking about and going to engine dyno, the one we think will work best is the 66/68 s300s Bc in no prep I need fast response. Still capable of dumb Hp on fuel only then I’ll have a couple kits if need be

This is going to be an interesting and fun project boss! Can't wait to see what we can come up with together!

Amen!! I’m ready!! This week looks like I’ll be getting all the bottom end parts I’ll post it up!! I can’t wait for you to work your magic on the ecm!! :nos:

I don't think theres a true magic fix for the crank issues on these engines. At least not one im will to spend big money on. Theres builds running 300k+mile lb7 cranks making good power and they last forever then you have guys with 6k dollar cranks and all of witch craft and holy water you can come up with break after 2 pulls. Nothings proven to be the fix imo.
But If marks doing the tuning better dust off another spot on the top 50 lol.

Dilly dilly

Well one of my best buddies is John Gilbert he has a couple different turbo set ups we are thinking about and going to engine dyno, the one we think will work best is the 66/68 s300s Bc in no prep I need fast response. Still capable of dumb Hp on fuel only then I’ll have a couple kits if need be

Plans to only use kits as backup? We have found running nitrous and lean of fuel keeps smoke down and hp still pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be an awesome build and glad to see a duramax finally! Really like the idea of true twins, think you are going to go to a 7.1 or keep it 6.6?

This is going to be an awesome build and glad to see a duramax finally! Really like the idea of true twins, think you are going to go to a 7.1 or keep it 6.6?

I’m going to keep 6.6 or as close as I can for strength reasons.. being deck plate we should be fine but I’d like to at least run a season without seeing the rods hanging out ?

Plans to only use kits as backup? We have found running nitrous and lean of fuel keeps smoke down and hp still pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m positive I’ll have a nitrous program.. being I don’t know how it’s going to react without testing and dyno info and spool times idk how much I’ll use yet

Mike Graves is doing the twins thing on his Dmax dragster. Might be worth a chat with him on it.

Mike Graves is doing the twins thing on his Dmax dragster. Might be worth a chat with him on it.

I have heard that as well!! I think he went pretty big on compressor size, in no prep recovery time is a big deal where I can pedal it and be able to get back on the turbo.. so twin s300 so far is the plan with some sort of nitrous program.. will know a lot more once Mark, Johnny, and I play on the dyno!!

Back