Airdog 2 165 vs Airdog 2 165 4G?

blackmega3500

Had a new 4G unit sent to me by the pureflow boys and checking what others experiences between the 2 are.

The ad2 165 is still running fine and all, just didn't know what would be noticed when switching out the units!

It's just quieter and I believe they added an adjustable pressure relief on it. It also seemed to hold better pressure than the older units on my brothers common rail compared to the old school

I also think..... the 4g has 4 bearings in the motor assembly instead of the standard 2. at least that is what I recall from a talk with airdog a couple weeks ago.

what does a dyno sheet have to do with better filtration and water separation? Dont get me wrong-couldnt pay me to run fass or airdog but just curious...

The 4g uses a stub shaft with its own bearings and seals in the gerotor body. The motor hooks to the shaft. Essentially Separating the motor from the pump as much as possible.

I believe I remember reading that somewhere or seeing it in a video.

Honestly if that's the real reason I'd prefer waterman pumps however I do run fass on all my trucks, since they are kind enough to fund my racing habits ?

That's a good reason for sure!

The thing that's interesting is you don't hear about 4gs crapping out like other airdog motors.

My brother is a hot shotter he has 50,000 miles on it already and it's operated flawlessly.

Yeah saw one of the info videos that showed it on a constant flow test stand at 70psi and there was over 8700hrs run time non stop and still ticking away strong. Something like 2hrs a day for 10yrs worth of time.

what does a dyno sheet have to do with better filtration and water separation? Dont get me wrong-couldnt pay me to run fass or airdog but just curious...

always talking how they make better power and are so good for getting the purest air free fuel...their ads have always talked about more power..i just could never see the expense

I don't think anyone ever installs one for more power though. They are a support mod or an enabler, not a power maker.

Finally put the new 4g motor on that I had sitting around and the first thing I noticed between the ad2 and ad2 4g is holy crap the 4g is damn near silent. The pressure recovery rate is quicker aswell. The ad2 motor I took off was still good so it's my new back up, but I've yet to see a story of the 4g unit calling out.

Also, major credit to pureflow. I only called and asked about cold motor psi on the units, and they sent me this 4g unit at no cost no questions asked even when I told them my existing unit was still good.

Finally put the new 4g motor on that I had sitting around and the first thing I noticed between the ad2 and ad2 4g is holy crap the 4g is damn near silent. The pressure recovery rate is quicker aswell. The ad2 motor I took off was still good so it's my new back up, but I've yet to see a story of the 4g unit calling out.

Also, major credit to pureflow. I only called and asked about cold motor psi on the units, and they sent me this 4g unit at no cost no questions asked even when I told them my existing unit was still good.
They know it's only time until your original failed. The 4gs don't last forever either....

Couldnt pay me to run airdog crap

Back