1977 F250 Highboy Swap

Got gauge holder printed:

20170708_155229_zpsjph9jmrx.jpg

20170708_155208_zpsu7if9bxk.jpg

20170708_141640_zpshlx5unvm.jpg

20170708_164542_zpsoelkvwpl.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work and I love the old high boys. Would like to swap a 12valve into dad's old '71 ford farm truck. This will help me immensely, thanks.

I just noticed your in Orlando, I'm not far from there and go thru Orlando at times. Love the truck,

You're closer than I thought. I've got family due east of you in Mims/ Titusville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm over in the Oviedo area (Red Bug/Tuscawilla). Where are you located?

Tobin

I'm in Middleburg, South of Jacksonville. I've got family in South Daytona. I'm in the boat business and go to the Orlando area often picking up boats.

Can you share what all you're using to get the stock gauges to work? And how much you cut the fire wall? I'm picking up a 73 crew cab today.

I'm in Middleburg, South of Jacksonville. I've got family in South Daytona. I'm in the boat business and go to the Orlando area often picking up boats.

Message me if you are in the area and want to stop by.

Can you share what all you're using to get the stock gauges to work? And how much you cut the fire wall? I'm picking up a 73 crew cab today.

For the water temp and oil pressure, I just bought new 1977 senders. For the speedometer, I bought a electrical to mechanical drive from Dakota Digital. Now for the Ammeter, I will have to play around with the shunt to make that work.

I moved the firewall back about 1 1/2". It is tight. If you don't have A/C, then you won't have to worry about it but to get the intercooler and the condenser to fit with a stock mechanical fan without hacking the grill up, I had to move the engine back. I pushed the firewall back as far as it will go and still give the HVAC box that goes between the firewall and dash enough room to fit. It is tight.

Oh, and pictures please!! 73 crew cab...drool!! I saw a decently clean one in Oregon.

I'll get some pictures after while. Needs some roof work, but the drip rails are still solid, so I think I can get by with small patches vs a full skin.

I'll get some pictures after while. Needs some roof work, but the drip rails are still solid, so I think I can get by with small patches vs a full skin.

YOU BETTER!! lol

Just adapt the ford sending units. Reeeaaaally simple. The original engine cross member has to be replaced. The '74 I had didn't have the firewall cut. Radiator, shroud, and fan from a first gen. Don't worry about boxing the frame to much.

How far off from hitting the street?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a ways. I need to plumb the turbos, then brake lines, finish interior, all other plumbing, list goes on. Maybe driving by the end of the year.

Back