Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > User Feedback and Suggestions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

User Feedback and Suggestions A forum for feedback and suggestions to improve the site.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #41
apocalypse1812

Name: apocalypse1812
Title: Nailed It!
Member`s Gallery
MP's Will pull you over on base for tires larger than 40" and more than 6" of lift. Window Tint, License plate frames, head lights, load exhausts... They are like rolling vehicle inspection stations. They enforce the state law TO THE "T" because they have nothing else to do.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #42
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
I vote to close it. It was ok when it first started. Then a few people decided to make their "turf" and beat anybody who disagrees senseless. The only time I ever reported a post was their and got flamed and PM'd with all sorts of derogatory name calling.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #43
drunkxxxmonkey

Name: drunkxxxmonkey
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
moved to new mexico people. you can drive a truck with 53in michlens,no windshield and painted back window.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #44
Cummins_Bred

Name: Cummins_Bred
Title: Cummins R&D Tech
Member`s Gallery
There should be a political section to keep it out of the rest of the forums, but I don't like how some days every other post is about some seemingly odd claim about our gov't doing something stupid or unconstitutional and getting away with it. I'm an American, a gun owner, a tax payer, and a diesel truck enthusiast. If i venture into the political forum, my own fault, but it's almost as bad as all the slander ads on t.v. when it floods the new posts section. We all should get educated on what is really going on in gov't, but unless every single person in this country knows and helps, there isn't a damn thing 15 guys *****in on a forum can do about it. It's sad, but it's true. Unless COMPD wants to host/organize the next American Revolution.... And now the gov't is probably going to bug my phone and take away my internets....

Old 08-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #45
fox

Name: fox
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
If I don't want to look at tires, food, loud straight pipes, I DON"T KLICK on it.

When I get tired of our resident o supporter I avoid him.

I guess you can call me a troll troll. Would that be a troll anti-troll?

Oh well, gotta go read the political threads, I "ll be right back!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #46
BlakeW

Name: BlakeW
Title: AKA a3ftgiant
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins_Bred View Post
There should be a political section to keep it out of the rest of the forums, but I don't like how some days every other post is about some seemingly odd claim about our gov't doing something stupid or unconstitutional and getting away with it. I'm an American, a gun owner, a tax payer, and a diesel truck enthusiast. If i venture into the political forum, my own fault, but it's almost as bad as all the slander ads on t.v. when it floods the new posts section. We all should get educated on what is really going on in gov't, but unless every single person in this country knows and helps, there isn't a damn thing 15 guys *****in on a forum can do about it. It's sad, but it's true. Unless COMPD wants to host/organize the next American Revolution.... And now the gov't is probably going to bug my phone and take away my internets....
There already is a political section...
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

RIP & KCCO Dex.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #47
mike diesel

Name: mike diesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefarmer View Post
please? Enough of the whining. This is compd.
agreed
75/106 compounds

Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #48
madmikeismad

Name: madmikeismad
Title: So mad
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse1812 View Post
MP's Will pull you over on base for tires larger than 40" and more than 6" of lift. Window Tint, License plate frames, head lights, load exhausts... They are like rolling vehicle inspection stations. They enforce the state law TO THE "T" because they have nothing else to do.
Come to tinker! I enforce state vehicle regs, but only the dangerous ones like dark window tint, inop lights and seat belt/cell phones

I once pulled over a guy for doing 30 over. He said he didn't know, and that he just put a size smaller tires on his car (camry), so his speedo was low. Wrong cop to tell that lie too

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #49
Sutter1stgen

Name: Sutter1stgen
Title: Short for my weight
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeismad View Post
Come to tinker! I enforce state vehicle regs, but only the dangerous ones like dark window tint, inop lights and seat belt/cell phones

I once pulled over a guy for doing 30 over. He said he didn't know, and that he just put a size smaller tires on his car (camry), so his speedo was low. Wrong cop to tell that lie too

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
When I ran 35" back in the day I was pulled over for 20 over. The tire were brand new. The chp said in a straight up voice " I pulled you over for speeding." I knew I was but acted stupid. He wasn't going to budge on the fact I was going to get a ticket, I could tell jn his voice. But he said "it was me probably getting used to these newer, taller tires. Through my speedo off!!!"
I looked at him dumbfounded, it helped and be said your speedo is probably XX% off, I'll right you up for 7 over. Cool cop, knew his stuff, and gave Me a huge break, because I knew I was in the wrong.

Eric

Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #50
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Derail in 3....2.....1

-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 09-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #51
lnimmo77

Name: lnimmo77
Title: Search never works
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
x3. Allowing the Hamilton vs Smokem hatred and bashing to go on is far more detrimental to the forum's image than any political topic.
can I get a link to said bashing?

And for the record, I am now broke because of this site gving me ideas! The only things that don't make me want to spend money is Dex's playground and the Political section.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
So I'd give you a point over Pocket here.

Last edited by lnimmo77; 09-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #52
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnimmo77 View Post
No. I think we've had enough of that bull schidt for a while. $.50

Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #53
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

And for the record, I am now broke because of this site gving me ideas! The only things that don't make me want to spend money is Dex's playground and the Political section.
Dex's Playground makes me want to spend money in other ways...but I kind of like my wife, so I pend it on my vehicles instead.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #54
Kaiserbailey

Name: Kaiserbailey
Title: Mirrors Flipped Out
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins_Bred View Post
I'm in.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
manual_tranny

Name: manual_tranny
Title: Cummins & TDI Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
The problem folks, is that those of you who are the most vocal about politics are not the best at forming arguments. You seem to think that posting contrived and intellectually void memes is somehow the equivalent of "educating" people about politics. I'm sorry, but the jibber-jabber and the memes are not insightful, folks.

The Pockets and the lnimmo77s of this club do not adequately represent thoughtful discussion and they are an embarrassment to the club. Sorry for singling you guys out, you just happen to be the most obvious offenders. There are at least a dozen more who will spend all their time on the computer looking at conspiracy theory bull**** and coming here to argue about it angrily. Haven't any of you ever heard the phrase "Trust, but verify."? Most of you appear to be old enough to remember President Reagan, right? He was one of the first to adopt that phrase.

Sledpuller makes a good argument that we need to have political discussion allowed so that we can support the interests of this club. I agree 100%! But lets figure out what that means...

Should it mean that we are allowed to post conspiracy theory crap that has nothing to do with diesel? I don't see why that would be allowed... ?

It would make more sense that if we have a political section where non-diesel politics are being discussed, that those posts did not show up for those of us who came here to talk diesel when we press the "new posts" button. If there is a political argument that is directly related to our diesel truck/hot-rodder/modifier rights, then that discussion belongs on the front page of the site.

SO! Lets make everyone happy and add another button!

New Political Posts (next to) New Posts

If we had a button like this, we could choose to see what was happening on CompD without encountering some silly pissing match. Even scrolling through the goading/loaded titles makes my brain hurt.

Last edited by manual_tranny; 09-22-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #56
cquestad

Name: cquestad
Member`s Gallery
Bingo....perfectt idea, I second that ^^^^!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
I'm pretty sure your awesomeness gets in the way of seeing anyone else's results.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #57
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manual_tranny View Post
The problem folks, is that those of you who are the most vocal about politics are not the best at forming arguments. You seem to think that posting contrived and intellectually void memes is somehow the equivalent of "educating" people about politics. I'm sorry, but the jibber-jabber and the memes are not insightful, folks.

The Pockets and the lnimmo77s of this club do not adequately represent thoughtful discussion and they are an embarrassment to the club. Sorry for singling you guys out, you just happen to be the most obvious offenders. There are at least a dozen more who will spend all their time on the computer looking at conspiracy theory bull**** and coming here to argue about it angrily. Haven't any of you ever heard the phrase "Trust, but verify."? Most of you appear to be old enough to remember President Reagan, right? He was one of the first to adopt that phrase.

Sledpuller makes a good argument that we need to have political discussion allowed so that we can support the interests of this club. I agree 100%! But lets figure out what that means...

Should it mean that we are allowed to post conspiracy theory crap that has nothing to do with diesel? I don't see why that would be allowed... ?

It would make more sense that if we have a political section where non-diesel politics are being discussed, that those posts did not show up for those of us who came here to talk diesel when we press the "new posts" button. If there is a political argument that is directly related to our diesel truck/hot-rodder/modifier rights, then that discussion belongs on the front page of the site.

SO! Lets make everyone happy and add another button!

New Political Posts (next to) New Posts

If we had a button like this, we could choose to see what was happening on CompD without encountering some silly pissing match. Even scrolling through the goading/loaded titles makes my brain hurt.
brought this back up for some other whiners.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #58
lnimmo77

Name: lnimmo77
Title: Search never works
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller View Post
brought this back up for some other whiners.
That's what I love about you Gene, always avoiding conflict...
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
So I'd give you a point over Pocket here.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #59
Charger

Name: Charger
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
That's what I love about you Gene, always avoiding conflict...
Oh God, the rumours about you two are true!

Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #60
spooled mule

Name: spooled mule
Title: More slow then go...
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=Big Swole;1880484]Derail in 3....2.....1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motivational-tacobell.jpg (32.5 KB, 0 views)

Closed Thread