2.6..... Daily Driver V's Purpose Built

PTPULLINCHASSIS

DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
First off it is my opinion that the 2.6 class is the most competitive and popular class of diesel pulling trucks you will find. One of the reasons I think this class is so popular is that you have a good mix of of very stout daily drivers battling it out w/these obvious purpose built pulling trucks who usually dominate as they should considering their only purpose in life is to pull a sled and look good on a trailer. The cool thing is watching these hot daily drivers slowly making the switch to all out pullers as time and money permits.

I know alot of people like to b!+c# and complain saying the class is out of hand but I think it is right where it needs to be for the fans and the pullers.

PT

Yup your right! It is the funnest class to watch IMO! Now as far as some of the 3.0 trucks dropping down it's getting kinda away of stuff. I'd really like to go around at a big national pull in the 2.6 class and see what trucks are actually registred vehicle and have insurance carried on them for daily driven trucks.

Here in central ohio we don't have much of a problem w/ 3.0+ trucks dropping down, most of our 2.6 trucks are so hot they beat them when they do.

i like where the class is. im one of the guys who started pulling a stock street class and am now starting to work my way up. I just do it for the fun:drive:

Here in central ohio we don't have much of a problem w/ 3.0+ trucks dropping down, most of our 2.6 trucks are so hot they beat them when they do.

Ain't that the truth. For me I think that the 2.6 kinda has got out of hand because they are not daily driver's. To me theese purpose built truck's should be in the super street class cotpc around here.

It's doesn't look so well I wouldn't want to pull COTPC with Gainer dominating it LOL

No duals ona 2.6 truck unless your truck is and actual dually LOL

First off it is my opinion that the 2.6 class is the most competitive and popular class of diesel pulling trucks you will find. One of the reasons I think this class is so popular is that you have a good mix of of very stout daily drivers battling it out w/these obvious purpose built pulling trucks who usually dominate as they should considering their only purpose in life is to pull a sled and look good on a trailer. The cool thing is watching these hot daily drivers slowly making the switch to all out pullers as time and money permits.

I know alot of people like to b!+c# and complain saying the class is out of hand but I think it is right where it needs to be for the fans and the pullers.

PT

I agree PT. this class is awesome! If u don't like it then don't play! i think they still have the speed limit class around woodsfield for those who don't...just sayin

Ain't that the truth. For me I think that the 2.6 kinda has got out of hand because they are not daily driver's. To me theese purpose built truck's should be in the super street class cotpc around here.

It's doesn't look so well I wouldn't want to pull COTPC with Gainer dominating it LOL

No duals ona 2.6 truck unless your truck is and actual dually LOL

I don't agree with your dually statement. I'd say if you didn't want duals it would be cheaper to make the guys with duallys take 1 tire off than to make those with a single wheel truck go by another truck because that is what would happen.

Putting the dual wheel/tires on the truck makes your truck an actual dually.
beatup.gif

Over the past couple years, it's become apparent that the truck classes are going to mimic tractor classes. Hot farm pullers don't use their tractors for anything but pulling. The same will be said of 2.6 trucks in a few years. There will be exceptions because of common rail street-ability. My honest opinion is the original 2.6 pullers wanted an easier class which I don't blame them for. In addition, why do we want our pullers on the street? So a bunch of ex-ricer punks can buy a common rail and blow smoke on the streets at Schieds just like we do on the track?

Thats because true 3.0 trucks are open driveline truck that can't make the rules. I believe your talking about 2.8 trucks. Heres how I look at it now. Someone has to win. That person that has whatever part that the losers feel made him win. Are going to do the same thing. Then he's going to make more changes along with others. And what do you know. You have a bunch of street trucks that are bad a$$ pulling trucks. Only way to do it is, make the rules. If they meet the rules. They're going pulling. Lots of in between the lines things that are going to happen regardless.

The 2.6 class is the class to watch in central Ohio no doubt. And judging by the amount of guys hooking to the sled every weekend the competitors are OK with the rules the way they are.

True that PT

The cool thing is watching these hot daily drivers slowly making the switch to all out pullers as time and money permits. I know alot of people like to b!+c# and complain saying the class is out of hand but I think it is right where it needs to be for the fans and the pullers. PT
i am one of those guys who made that switch, lol. and i agree with the rules. the guy with the most money/sponsors/knowledge to blow on this sport will more than likely win, having those three things is not cheating. granite there are cheaters in are class, they are just not in the top 10 i dont believe.

It sucks getting beat every pull, but I keep coming back week after week because I still have a blast every time I hook to the sled. I'm one of those guys that is beyond work stock, but just don't have the cash to be a real puller. I sure try like hell though.

Street trucks battleing it out with dedicated pulling trucks that sounds like a great class..... In illinois we dont have many rules but at least the street trucks pull with street trucks and the pulling trucks pull with the pulling trucks. I can see why there is alot of *****ing and complaining

I gotta lot of luv for the class for sure....Nothin like drinkin a few cold ones in the back of the black one and watchin PT about getting the SMACK DOWN put on him by an old man LMAO:shake::hehe::rules::poke:.....AH god i love this sport

Street trucks battleing it out with dedicated pulling trucks that sounds like a great class..... In illinois we dont have many rules but at least the street trucks pull with street trucks and the pulling trucks pull with the pulling trucks. I can see why there is alot of *****ing and complaining

Your opening statement puts you in the complainer class right?
Brandon

Back