2.6..... Daily Driver V's Purpose Built

2.6 class is just about perfect as-is IMO. I'm trying my best to get in it and I have no hallucinations about thinking I'll be real competitive because of what all it does take to do so but man I can't hardly wait!!

I like the 2.6 class love to pull in it and watch it. 2.6 has turned in to what it is because of the guy that rights the rules. I for one can say i started out with my truck as a DD in less the a year and a half it lives on a trailer or in the shop. Motorsports takes money. The guy that spends the most tends to win, some time carnage takes place in the guy that on a budget gets his win.

Thanks to all that have responded so far. I just wanted to get some opinions on this topic and the 2.6 class in general. I will be having a rules meeting this fall/winter for the c.o.t.p.c. 2.6 class to see where we want to go w/ the class in the coming years....and it won't be backwards! We will also discuss locking the rules for 2-5years if we think that is possible.

THANKS AGAIN
PT

Hey Jason what would you think about changing the Pro street diesel class to a open driveline 3.0 charger no bushing class. I am not complaing at all as i truck pull as a hobby not to make a living. I have noticed a steady decline in pullers in this class over the years and would like to see more trucks jump up in it.

Thanks to all that have responded so far. I just wanted to get some opinions on this topic and the 2.6 class in general. I will be having a rules meeting this fall/winter for the c.o.t.p.c. 2.6 class to see where we want to go w/ the class in the coming years....and it won't be backwards! We will also discuss locking the rules for 2-5years if we think that is possible.

THANKS AGAIN
PT

Winner Winner Winner!!!
Brandon

Only if it has fenders and is atleast a 1 ton.

Fenders and suspension does not define a dual WHEEL truck. Period.

Locking in rules is a good idea but hard to do with as much technology and other changes coming out every year. Not sure where people are at that the 2.6 class is not a trailer queen class already but it sure can't be from anywhere around where we pull in kentucky. Anything can be drove on the street. Common sense and driveability usually keep these trucks off the street because they do not belong there. That's just my $.02, though.

Agreed pt. I am slowly making the transition from hot street truck..lol to puller, I though it is possible to have a street truck when, when in reality its not, im sorry but there wont be one person who can honestly say they have a street truck winning in cotpc. I drive my truck maybe 2-3 times a week at the most, its a pain in the ass I have to turn box's down, take off weights and bump stops and worrie about breaking racing my buddies 15 sec. honda.. its not fun anymore to do that..

Agreed pt. I am slowly making the transition from hot street truck..lol to puller, I though it is possible to have a street truck when, when in reality its not, im sorry but there wont be one person who can honestly say they have a street truck winning in cotpc. I drive my truck maybe 2-3 times a week at the most, its a pain in the ass I have to turn box's down, take off weights and bump stops and worrie about breaking racing my buddies 15 sec. honda.. its not fun anymore to do that..

Exactly the top runnin trucks arent street driven without doing a buch of work. I know for a fact that my orange couldnt be driven on the street.

Fenders and suspension does not define a dual WHEEL truck. Period.

Locking in rules is a good idea but hard to do with as much technology and other changes coming out every year. Not sure where people are at that the 2.6 class is not a trailer queen class already but it sure can't be from anywhere around where we pull in kentucky. Anything can be drove on the street. Common sense and driveability usually keep these trucks off the street because they do not belong there. That's just my $.02, though.

I know what make's it a dually but what are they sold as remember most rules state it must be OEM.

Funny I actually saw your truck on 270 North around Robert's road before the season started.

PT it is a Great class I enjoy going and watching. Other then somebody better step their game up or Give up if you keep letting Gainer win:poke:

To me pulling in General is starting to slowly become like Nascar. As far as sponsors giant trailers etc.

WOW!!!

Squizz, You are my HERO! Someone that will tell the truth! Can I run dual wheels on the front of my chevy luv?

If someone swapped in a duallybed and rearend how exactly would you even tell if it was factory or not. The only difference between our 02 6spd dually and srw truck is the rearend everthing else is the same. Unless techs are gonna start looking at vin numbers. I like the 2.6 class you can only make so much power with a 2.6 inducer and also with some using the 1/8 inch protrusion rule. It keeps it so drivetrain is staying under trucks which is a problem with 2.8 class. So its a no brainer build a 2.6 truck or a open driveline truck.

Back