Casper goes 172.72 mph at Bonneville.

Kat

Married to Mr Big Mouth
Casper is a street-legal true production diesel pickup truck. It is a 2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 LLY Duramax with a single charger, stock injectors, and 2 CP3 pumps. It has factory AAM axles with 3.42 gears. No aero dynamics were done but a bed cover. Even the OnStar and XMradio antennas were present.

Rules only allow "event diesel fuel" which is supplied at the track and the tank sealed.

Due to a lack of a parachute, running faster than 175mph is not permitted, so we cannot go too close to the limit.

Just 2 months ago, Casper won a ProStreet sled pull, and is still driven often on the street.

While mini-trucks with engine swaps have went faster, this might be the fastest true diesel pickup truck. Rules dictate it must be driven in 2wd.

Bonneville is a salt track, and is very slippery. Casper spun the tires up past 100mph before hooking up. The air was 6700' DA.

Hopefully, we will get the extra safety equipment and get to use the full engine output in the coming months.

Thanks out to Johnny, Mike L., Guy Tripp, the crew at PPE, Lynn Goodfellow, Curtis, Volker, Deist, the SCTA-BNI crew, Wicked Diesel, Ross and Blacky at EFILive, and the rest of the Dmax crew.

Tomorrow we must back up the pass to set the B/DT record.

chevy... 4x4 would eliminate spinning under 100mph ;) which rules state no making 4x4 runs

claping was for the 172.72

the rest was about not being able to run 4H

:thankyou2:

We will try for in truck video again tomorrow with a different camera. Last 2 attempts have failed. Kids try to take some in the motor home as I take off to follow him to the end of course so it hasn't been the greatest, since I have to make an almost instant right turn to get to the return road.

Great_Success.jpg

Thanks y'all!

We cracked an injector at 2.5 miles today, and the engine quit due to low rail pressure. The 2.25 mph was 174.56.

We have video, but it will have to wait after we get home.

So we set the SCTA-BNI record at about 167mph due to the way things are calculated. The fastest GPS value was 180 mph peak.

It was a lot of fun, and it was great to meet alot of new people.

There were only two other diesels here, one is the Lynn Goodfellow Dmax streamliner, which was damaged in transit, but they appear to have fixed it. The other diesel was a Modified running a Nissan cab and a Detroit Diesel, I think it ran about 170, not sure.

Absolutely fantastic, would love to see video. Kat your my hero, don't know if I'd have a set big enough to drive that fast.

Absolutely fantastic, would love to see video. Kat your my hero, don't know if I'd have a set big enough to drive that fast.

Well McRat was driving. We didn't have enough time for me to drive this time. But, it's all good. After we get home he is going to set Casper up for me to try to run a 9:rockwoot:

Well McRat was driving. We didn't have enough time for me to drive this time. But, it's all good. After we get home he is going to set Casper up for me to try to run a 9:rockwoot:

Kat any chance you and Mcrat might come to Medford for the NHRDA ?

Back