Case Skid steer Forks, least expensive?

weazel

5th gear killer
Going to be purchasing a Case 70XT skid steer here in the next couple days to get some project done around the house. Seller is only letting the bucket go with it, and I'll be needing some forks for this machine.

Where is the least expensive place to purchase a set of 42" forks? I don't mind using a decent set of used ones if they're priced right. I've checked a few listings on Craigslist, but hoping to find something cheaper. Also found a site that specifically sells forks for all brands, they seem to be the most reasonable.

But if any of you guys have a set you'd let go of, I may be interested

Not sure on the quality, however seems like folks on craigslist want as much as you can buy them new from ebay.

Not sure on the quality, however seems like folks on craigslist want as much as you can buy them new from ebay.

That's what I was coming across. Found a couple that had new backs, but they were re using the forks. Still at or over 500.

I think there's an auction close to me in early December I may go try to catch. What are you guys seeing pricing wise range through auctions?

As with everything, if you can buy something decent that will last for awhile, and not go broke buying whatever it is, is the smart way to go. Why pay a huge amount, when you can grab the same item for half the cost?

My deal with these parts is that I don't see why they are so expensive. I understand the forks are forged and whatnot, but does that dictate charging close to a grand for them?

As with everything, if you can buy something decent that will last for awhile, and not go broke buying whatever it is, is the smart way to go. Why pay a huge amount, when you can grab the same item for half the cost?

My deal with these parts is that I don't see why they are so expensive. I understand the forks are forged and whatnot, but does that dictate charging close to a grand for them?

Price has to reflect paying liability insurance for when someone buys something too light/cheap for the job and gets hurt, then comes back on the manufacturer.

I've wore out more sets of skid steer forks than most people on here. Just plain wore out good quality forks from lots of use, not forks that are too light for the machine, a 95XT. I'm not unfamiliar with them by any means.

Ok thanks for the link.

Since you run skid steers a lot, have you come across one that lights the alternator warning light up? The PO replaced the battery, and the alternator but the light stays lit up. Could this be a relay problem? While I was there, I checked the fuses all were good, but didn't mess with the relays

Get your voltmeter out and check voltage at alternator and battery. Most alternators require activation from a switched 12v wire that goes to a post on the back of the alternator. I don't remember what alternator is on my 70XT.

Ok thanks for the tip.

To be honest, I really don't think this guy ran this machine long enough to do any good charging the battery. I got it home and just drove it around for a bit to get used to it, and that light never came back on.

I'll have to remember that site, I don't think there's a single set of un-bent forks at my work, although the guys aren't exactly using them for what they're built for.

Back