Sticky VGT.

If you sparky types would make it to where electricity can do anything without a thermal infarction we wouldn't need to involve coolant.

Using the coolant isn't the issue. Making no way to swap actuators without draining the entire system is stupid. Sounds like mechanical engineers got involved and were more worried about the donuts in the conference room. :hehe:

And I still blame the sparkies

I mean....we put some components on the International Space Station hardware that can operate up to 80C....but a turbo is talking 10 times that operating temp at load.

Here's an idea....mount the circuit board somewhere else! Oh here's another good idea, let's bolt the ECM, the central hub for all engine control....RIGHT TO THE BLOCK so that it operates at 190F it's entire life and heat cycles up and down every single time you start your truck!!! I mean, you can't even make this shit up anymore. I don't think the sparkies are to blame, because who would understand electronics and their desire to run cool would do that? Special place in hell. I'm telling you. Seats are reserved. There is ZERO reason that ECM can't have a mass plug right where it that lengthens cables and mounts it to the firewall or fenderwell or even inside the cab. Zero.

Last edited:
Back