he 351's

gwhammy

Would a pair of 351's work in place of a 3b or s400. Quicker spool and wastegates to control max boost.

Would a pair of 351's work in place of a 3b or s400. Quicker spool and wastegates to control max boost.

Only if you plan on making a set of triples... :) Talk to CTDYounggun, his triples are three Hy9's I think, Hx35's or He351 would be even better IMO

I hope they will work, all I have left is the drain lines and air filters. If they don't I the turbos aren't hurt I just have a little time and money in the plumbing. Now I just need a truck to put them on.

I'm in the process of making a set of triples using them for the atmosphere stage, using an he351vgt for the manifold.

On paper, using them would be the similar to a 62/480 set. My biggest concern is the wastegate's ability to vent the necessary volumes. Both have been ported as much as possible.

I've run a 351 and now running a 341 under a 3b and the wastegate seems to flow enough to keep out of boost creep at whatever you set it at. I'm thinking the two 351's will have plenty of wastegate with both of them drilled out. Don't the 351's flow around 800 cfm and a 3b around 1100cfm?

He never said triples... Maybe he is running a 3b or s400 as a single and he wanted to run a split manifold with dual he351's? LOL

Actually, he asked if a pair would be a good replacement for a 3b or an s400. Let's use our noodle and take a WAGgy at just what he might be getting at considering the fact that he's built twins for damn near every truck he's owned and he has 341/3B twins listed in his sig. :confused:

I have often wondered about trying to run a set of HX35's in tandem rather than the more traditional compound with a hog leg of a turbo. HE351's will probably be better due to their smaller exhaust housing.
Unless if you're talking about running them as compounds, then I imagine the top charger will be oversped to the moon and break its shaft.

I have often wondered about trying to run a set of HX35's in tandem rather than the more traditional compound with a hog leg of a turbo. HE351's will probably be better due to their smaller exhaust housing.
Unless if you're talking about running them as compounds, then I imagine the top charger will be oversped to the moon and break its shaft.

That's not what we're talking about at all. We're talking about two feeding one. Not a single stage twin setup. That won't work at all

Basically the same, mine are a little tighter together and not BLUE. I'm probably going to put a he341 as the pressure turbo, I really like the way it spools in a twin setup. I'm thinking maybe putting the compressor wheel and housing off of a 341 on the 351 wheel. It would give a little more relief on back pressure and spool a bit faster than the 351. Maybe more work than it worth thou.

I have to wear my 01 work truck out first. It only has 295,000 on it so it's just getting broke in. A buddy of mine has a used car lot and he just bought a 12 valve with 954,000 on it so maybe I've got around 740,000 to go before mine is done.
I'm thinking about a cr when work picks up,probably a regular cab twd to make a shortbed out of.

I'm in the process of making a set of triples using them for the atmosphere stage, using an he351vgt for the manifold.

On paper, using them would be the similar to a 62/480 set. My biggest concern is the wastegate's ability to vent the necessary volumes. Both have been ported as much as possible.

:what: Dang you.... You're giving me bad ideas... 351cw's are cheap :bang :evil

Back