lock up switch=truck falls on its nose

<3mycummins

heres my dillema. ive had the lockup switch for a while now but just recently i had a new htt installed. im used to cruisin around and when i want to go fast i press my foot down and hit the lockup switch and i take off, but since i upgraded my turbo when i do this the truck immediately shifts through the gears, the turbo barks, and the truck falls on its nose. could this be caused by and exhaust leak, because im in need of a new exxhaust which i plan on ordering soon, or could it be somthing else?any help is appriciated and thanx in advance.

exhaust leaks after the turbo don't matter.

I would assume that since you are locking it up at low rpms it's just pouring smoke out and not accelerating?

You need to get up on the charger and then lock it now that you have a bigger turbo. You may risk breaking an input shaft this way though.

Brayden

If you dont want to snuff it then you need to be into the throttle pretty hard. My charger will snuff if i lock it up under 15psi of boost, but i also have a loose convertor so there is a lot of rpm drop.

Hope you have a billet input

Research wastegate problems associated with SS turbine housings and make sure that's not your case. If there are no wg issues give it more fuel, but keep in mind what Brayden said, lockup switches do bust input shafts, including billet.

Last edited:
Back