Veggie mod

'Powerstroke7.3

Hearing Impaired
So I just got hooked up with these guys that are running pretty much straigt veggie oil in their merc diesels. The guy has about 6 of them and the only thing that he said has messed up so far is his 98 model. The lift pump messed up on it. I was wondering if you guys had tried this in the 12v's. Not Bio diesel. Its veg oil with I think 15% mix of kerosene and one gal of gas to lower flash point. They have been in this for a couple years now and havent tried it on anything but the 80s model merc diesels. All imput is appreciated. Thanks guys

Daniel

you can run straight veggie oil without the additives.....lots of people do this with conversion kits on the older mercedes and veedub's. It should be fine as long as you are getting quality oil with a very low water content. I've even considered it in the summers here in AZ as it's hot enough to keep it from getting gelled

Friend is running pure veggie in his truck. He uses dehydrogenated oil, filters it with house filters. Has a 90 gallon tank in his truck, runs a water heat exchanger in the tank, has another water heat exchanger on the frame, and then an electric heater up by the engine. He runs the FASS big pump only for the Veggie, and uses the stock system for the diesel. Starts the truck on diesel, and when it is warmed up, switches to the veggie, then switches back before he shuts down.

Cool. Thats pretty much what the kerosene and gasoline was for. Flash point lowering and anti gelling agent. Thanks for the imput.

Back