New turbo for 500hp VE....

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Ok busted...I didn't really make 500 on fuel with a VE, but I did make 487 :cheer:LOLLOLLOL

Ok so between 28 deg of timing, the VE's heavy low end fuel, and an old tech 62/65/14 I can't spool without nitrous. This won't do for foolin around, or drag racing. So, I was thinking of updating my game and going with one of the new 57/61 S200SXE turbos from Borgwarner. They're supposed to be good for 65 lb/min which on paper is around 520rwhp, and the map seems good on pressure ratio, but I'm a little unsure whether it would actually perform better. I could get a smaller exhaust housing, and in theory the S200 frame should spool quicker, but I dunno. Any thoughts? The 62 will make 50psi, but at the line it just goes to about 2-3psi and the VE just floods it out with fuel. I'm hoping I can get over that "hump" and still make about the same power with the smaller yet new technology turbo.....

What about a modified HE351? As a stock charger the low end response is killer, not sure if you'd lose too much by going to a larger compressor.

Back