6.7 vp44

Seen this on Facebook, kept thinking the shop sounded familiar! I too think it'll make a sweet towing setup. Always nice to use what you already have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haven't driven the truck yet. Currently fixing some body damage from jacknifing a trailer. Once it's done I'll be trying it out. Also sent my VGT controller back to Steed Tech to have him upgrade the firmware so I can add an exhaust back pressure sensor. I should see the controller back next week.

It sounds like you were able to use a 6.7 cylinder head?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was looking at a truck for the body that had 6.7 that needed work. I was actually thinking about a P-pump conversion. I am sure many pullers have done that. So why couldn't you do a VP conversion?!

As Mark mentioned I think this would be a pretty good combo. Everyone talks down about the VP but it does do well on fuel when properly tuned and will make decent power for what it is. Would like to hear some results.

It sounds like you were able to use a 6.7 cylinder head?

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was looking at a truck for the body that had 6.7 that needed work. I was actually thinking about a P-pump conversion. I am sure many pullers have done that. So why couldn't you do a VP conversion?!

As Mark mentioned I think this would be a pretty good combo. Everyone talks down about the VP but it does do well on fuel when properly tuned and will make decent power for what it is. Would like to hear some results.

I used the complete 6.7 Engine. Head, cam, pistons, crank, rods, all of it is 6.7 cummins. I have put about 5000 miles on the setup know and I am very very impressed with it. The old 5.9 engine with vgt turbo would pull good from 1500rpm up and the new 6.7 engine pulls stronger from 1200rpm up with the same vgt turbo. Fuel economy is really good. We are getting 12-13mpg pulling my 11,000lb chassis dyno. Towed my 53' race trailer a couple weeks back on a 600 mile round trip and averaged 10.5mpg with it. EGT's stay low, starts great, no idle haze, it really is a great driving combination. Absolutely loving it so far.

Back