Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 03-07 3rd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
matt_g

Name: matt_g
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
New 48re issues...

Having issues with my brand new 48RE with a billet triple disc, all billet shafts, Muldoon VB, Firepunk comp rebuild kit and 16qt pan.

Got everything buttoned up, let it idle for ~30 minutes to circulate ATF, put it in drive and it stalls instantly. However, the trans acts perfectly normal in reverse. Torque converter clutch feedback shows to be off via scan tool... Any ideas?
"GREEN NASTY" 96 12 valve. reg cab, 5 spd, 2wd. centerforce dual friction clutch, 5" exhaust, 3.55 gears, custom cut fuel plate, front and rear replacement bumpers, 06 smoked cab lights, black rocker panels, 66mm turbo, gauges, 100 shot of nitrous.....priceless

Old 09-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
raychem

Name: raychem
Title: Not enough time
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like the TC circuit is charging. It could be a VB issue or a problem with a TC. I have seen them both. You can check the VB by putting a pressure gauge on a modified outlet line from the TCC to verify. The line in question is on the drivers side forward discharge line that will go to the TCC oil to water cooler. I have a factory line modified to put a pressure or temp gauge on it to check this. If you do get a gauge on it and thing more than a few psi (I usually see 4-10 psi) the TC is charging causing your engine to stall. It is a slow stall or a sudden stall? It has been a while since I have had this problem but a slow stall is usually the TCC circuit charging. If it stalls quickly then it maybe the TC.

Get the pressure gauge on there and check it out.

Last edited by raychem; 09-24-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #3
Commonrailracer

Name: Commonrailracer
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Disconnect the vb harness and see if it still does it. This will rule out electrical. If it still does it it’s probably the vb. Does reverse work without stalling engine?

Closed Thread