2010-2012 Control Arms

CorneliusRox

Seasoned Rookie
Does anyone have some old, worn out control arms they want to give up for super cheap?

I tossed some bigger tires on my truck and get just a hair of rubbing when turning right and I'd like to build some new arms. I know it'll take me a fer days to turn up bushings, weld it all together, and paint, so I don't want to down my truck for that long. I'm just looking for some I can take measurements off of or potentially modify. Mostly because the Thuren and Carli ones are quite a bit more than I want to spend. :Cheer:

That is really interesting. I might pick these up! Thanks for the link.

Also, how many miles do you have on them? And you don't have any extra looseness in the front end because of it?

10,000+ on them

They actually firmed the ride up . It rides great paired with the Thuren coils and Shocks .

They are bent for tire clearance which helps since Im running 35/12.5/17 on factory 3rd gen wheels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I want out of them. Are they any longer? Do they recenter the wheel in the wheel well at all?

I've been eyeing those Thuren coils for a long time. What did you notice about them vs coil spacers? I've been through a few sets of shocks finding what I like best with my stock coils w/ 2" spacers. Any downsides with the slightly softer spring rate while towing? I talked with one of the guys from Thuren on the phone (I think Chris?) and he told me if I went with the coil, I'd likely want to chop 7" (don't quote me on the numbers) off of both sides of the overload leafs, and I'd want to run air bags with plastic cradles to get a great daily ride and still tow well. It sounded like a lot of extra money, and time tuning the system, so I didn't move forward with it.

That's exactly what I want out of them. Are they any longer? Do they recenter the wheel in the wheel well at all?

I've been eyeing those Thuren coils for a long time. What did you notice about them vs coil spacers? I've been through a few sets of shocks finding what I like best with my stock coils w/ 2" spacers. Any downsides with the slightly softer spring rate while towing? I talked with one of the guys from Thuren on the phone (I think Chris?) and he told me if I went with the coil, I'd likely want to chop 7" (don't quote me on the numbers) off of both sides of the overload leafs, and I'd want to run air bags with plastic cradles to get a great daily ride and still tow well. It sounded like a lot of extra money, and time tuning the system, so I didn't move forward with it.
Yes they are longer and recenter the wheel .

Both arms are offset for tire clearance.

I run Thuren 3" coils on both my 06 and 96 . Ran spacers at first on both and eventually switched to his coils they ride awesome. He does offer a 2" soft ride as well.

Thuren also offers his Overland shocks which are budget friendly .

The rear can get pricey on making it ride soft. I removed overload and added mini spring pack and air bags to mine.
347624c7da4c0ccc5128a9e0711f58e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back