PPE dual fueler

BW Motosports

JUST SOME BROKE KID
Im doing a small build up with my lmm to give it 650hp or so. The mods Im planning on doing are PPE hot+E2 tuner, GT40vgt turbo upgrade, ii 25% honed injectors, MBRB down pipe, PPE electronic lift pump with draw straw, PPE manifolds W/ up pipes, MBRB 5" turbo back from a lbz deleting the dpf and cat(for of road use only of course :evil) , AFE intake, full set of PPE gauges in a 3 slot rail pod and a suncoast built transmission. My question to you all is do yall think I would need a dual fueler kit. Any ideas for other upgrades are welcomed as well. Thanks for the help. :tree:

And if there is anyone allready making this kind of power out of there LMM let me know what you have done. :Cheer:

Last edited:
Yes you'll need it and a good set of LB7 pistons. I don't see the short block living too long at 650.

You could run a single modded pump at that horsepower level. Personally I think you are on borrowed time above 550hp. I know many guys are above that, but it seems to be just a matter of time before a piston splits or rods get shorter.

pistons have let go at much lower but 490-550 seems to be the majic #. Jury's still out on how to prolong the life of the pistons but reduced PW by using larger (40-60% larger) injector nozzles and knocking down EGT's are thought to be the main soulutions

My daily driver does 642 on it's race tune and 570 on the tune I drive every day. I have a lift pump, twins, EFI Live tuning, a trans, tie rod sleeves, a shimmed rail relief valve, and gauges in it. It makes 58psi of boost on the race tune and 1275* egt's. My motor is stock and I have 33k miles on it with this set up and about 75 drag strip passes. I've towed 14k pounds with it on the DD tune and the highest egt's I've seen is 1300*.

Rods are rarely the issue with LBZ's and LMM's. The pistons typically split down the wrist pin. The LB7's and LLY's are prone to bent rods. Keep the egt's down and oil pressure up and they will typically live for a long time with good tuning.

Like I said, people are doing it. I would not recommend it unless you can afford to rebuild a motor if your one of the unlucky ones. I have seen pistons in the lbz/lmm split in a stock truck.

Honestly all the brands have failures stock. The Cummins drop valve seats or burn up the back cylinders. Fords have numerous problems depending on the year. The Duramaxes are prone to cracked pistons and bent rods (depending on the year).

From what I've seen if you keep the egt's down below stock, even with additional power, the failure rate isn't any worse then stock and most of my customers are harder on parts then the average stock truck guys.

alright, if i were goin to build a 700hp duramax what engine would be best to do so with. Im bein stright up. I have around 60K to spend on a truck. I dont want a cummins, im a duramax man. I would use my 01 but i need it for pulling horse trailers. I was looking at LB7's just because they dont have egr systems or VGT's. Let me know what yall think. Im not a professional by far so any help i get i truly apresiate.

Unless you are looking to run unlimited single class, I can't see spending the money on stroking it.
Get a lb7, delip the pistons, get a set of rods and you will be good.
Obviously that is over simplified but I'm sure you get the point.

I understand completly. Im thinking of stroking it so i can build it up to a 800hp engine. I think ill have suncoast build me a tranny.

What are you going to do with the truck? I would probably do a LLY because of the more reliable and external injectors.

I was thinking lb7 because there is no emissions control on them. im not intirely shure what im goin to do yet. I know im goin to buy a duramax one way or onther. I love my 01 but i need somthin to tinker with. Id love to find somthin that already has work done to it. Is there any classifieds on this forum or can i post like a truck wanted in the duramax section :bang im a nobie on this forum forgive my ignorence.

Here in this state if you buy a '04.5 LLY they fall under the same rules as the '04 LB7's for emissions. So while they are suppose to have all the emissions parts present the testers don't know a '04.5 from a '04.

Im not shure what im gonna do, im gonna surch around on herre and see if i can find someone lookin to sell a duramax with a little work done to it. Let me know if you hear of anybody tryen to sell a truck. :bow:

You need to settle down and figure out what you really want. The current strokers are a pretty good waste of money. You can make 800 RwHp with a stock displacement Duramax. Find yourself a truck you want and go from there with whatever you find. A good used 04 LLY will work just fine and save you a few bucks on the purchase price that can be put into parts if you like. If you relly want to go after it 1200 is very doable!

Back