Lets see your pullers!

I need to do something different. The 1650 rear end is hating life. Gear teeth are starting to have a habit of removing themselves.

Don't pick a D19...my bull pinions are on borrowed time with an IDI 262 Turbo...

Can't stuff any heavier gears in your housing Brad?
Chris

Don't pick a D19...my bull pinions are on borrowed time with an IDI 262 Turbo...

Can't stuff any heavier gears in your housing Brad?
Chris

Not really any better options for a 16 housing. I'm currently working on designing a chassis in solidworks based around a 1850 rear end. Way stouter, and gearing (with some minor machine work) out of all the bigger Olivers and the Whites with the Oliver based rear ends can be used. I can end up with 6 gears in the 18:1-26:1 range.

My current tractor needs to go back to farm tractor anyhow. It's kind of Dad's tractor with my go fast parts on it.

Not really any better options for a 16 housing. I'm currently working on designing a chassis in solidworks based around a 1850 rear end. Way stouter, and gearing (with some minor machine work) out of all the bigger Olivers and the Whites with the Oliver based rear ends can be used. I can end up with 6 gears in the 18:1-26:1 range.

My current tractor needs to go back to farm tractor anyhow. It's kind of Dad's tractor with my go fast parts on it.

Sounds like a fun project.

Chris

Allis Chalmers D19. Strictly antique puller, low gear or maybe 3mph, depending on where I am. Weighs 9250lbs at 90hp. It will piss off a guy with a stock Deere R or a IH WD9.

Chris

Is that the lightest it will go?
If you didn't live so far away id tell ya to come pull with us at Waterford! We have a pull monthly, but only goes to 9500lb.
90hp would be pretty good if you can strip it down to 65-7500 :D

Brad, You cant just put an 1850 rear in it?
I know itd be a little heavier, but a lot more stout I'd imagine.

Last edited:
I have the factory 18.4-34's on it and can't hook it up at less than that. Just spins it out.

Maybe for the 3mph classes, down around 8ish would hold, but in the lowest gear classes, I need to be around 9K to tie it down.

Chris

Brad, You cant just put an 1850 rear in it?
I know itd be a little heavier, but a lot more stout I'd imagine.

It can't be bolted to a 16 frame very easily, and it would be too much weight at the wrong end. As it is now, I run between 0 and 150 lbs on the back at 6500 lbs, and everything else on the front.

Allis Chalmers D19. Strictly antique puller, low gear or maybe 3mph, depending on where I am. Weighs 9250lbs at 90hp. It will piss off a guy with a stock Deere R or a IH WD9.

20130902_132744.jpg

Chris

Did you pull 9500 lb at Wilmington last Sat?

Finally got it to hook, and ran it out of power....that's good for me, since she has 90hp, and the last time I hooked it I could move the throttle at will. Hopefully, we'll try a half a gear down and see how it does next time.

Chris

Just one of the four tractors we have. This is what it looked like when I picked it up. It's got 16 s/a motor in it now.

DSCN3008_zps1aa5c512.jpg
[/URL]

Back