Ultimate MPG 12V Build?

I know this is a older thread, and some of ya'll don't like to bring older threads back, but a farmer that works with my dad ( they're pilots in the Airforce) has been doing 4bt swaps into (i think mid 90s) 2wd F350s. With the 4bt, swapping a 13 speed allison:drive:, and really high gears like 3.08 they get around 40mpg:ylsuper:

I know this is a older thread, and some of ya'll don't like to bring older threads back, but a farmer that works with my dad ( they're pilots in the Airforce) has been doing 4bt swaps into (i think mid 90s) 2wd F350s. With the 4bt, swapping a 13 speed allison:drive:, and really high gears like 3.08 they get around 40mpg:ylsuper:

Sounds interesting...

Well the motor is in and mocked up not bolted down yet, considering a garmon torque convertor over a suncoast, just to see how his stuff runs, hoping to persuade him to post on this thread and give a couple tips from his 50 mpg 2wd build.

Stock turbo still does not clear heater box... Smokinrod said they did one with a CR type manifold and worked out nice, prob gonna go that way.

No luck finding a used gear vendors yet either.

Back