New black market performance intake

You could just get that intake from cummins for cheaper. 4981331 is the cummins number for it

I've ran across those in my random cummins searches on eBay before but I didn't know if It was for over the road trucks or ours, have you ran one of these before?

How do the 6.7s start with no grid heater in say 15* weather?

The truck is nothing crazy. Tuning and deletes.

Mine started great this morning they really only have them for emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ran across those in my random cummins searches on eBay before but I didn't know if It was for over the road trucks or ours, have you ran one of these before?

No never ran one. Have thought about it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would running these or something similar be any advantage at all on a bone stock 08 work truck that's tuned? Is getting rid of the throttle valve an upgrade worth doing? I'd like to keep the grid heater.

Would running these or something similar be any advantage at all on a bone stock 08 work truck that's tuned? Is getting rid of the throttle valve an upgrade worth doing? I'd like to keep the grid heater.

I have a banks intake horn coming because I like them the best. They actually have a new number 1 injector line in their kit instead of just hacking out or denting the intake horn to clear it. I just don't like the idea of the grid heater bits and pieces being so close to the valves in there. I'd prefer to keep it though. I get a small puff of smoke right at the start then it's clean.

More flow and less restrictions are always a good thing, banks has a pretty decent video flow testing all the major intake manifolds on the market if you want to YouTube it as well

Last edited:
I'm in Fl and could get away with no grid heater but would rather keep it. This is a flat bed heavy dually and runs good, would like it to get a little better fuel mileage and being realistic. Just read some posts searching that getting rid of the throttle valve, seemed to good to be true.

We have about 25 6.7’s. Live in central indiana. They never get plugged in and almost always go strait to the starter. Rarely do driver even know what the grid heater light means. Ive yet to ever have a starting issue related to cold weather.

Back