Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Old 11-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #1381
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Worked the legion lounge Fri night and cleaned and setup for Veterans day lunch we served there, got home about midnight, then back up at 6, hooked up my small gooseneck flatbed and loaded the little chuckwagon utv my wife got from her parents and headed to the legion again. Decorated the utv for the parade, finished the main float, road in the parade with my gran daugther on my lap and my dad next to me on the float, then back at the legion ran the bar till about 4pm. Went to Tractor supply after and made good use of the 15% veterans discount by getting 2600lbs of feed, 110 tposts, 10 gallons of 15w40 rotella t and a few salt and mineral blocks. Saved about 170 dollars and now have enough posts to finish the last 1/4 mile of my exterior fence.

Today got to spend a little while out in the shop and we cleaned up some piles that accumulated, moved my frame over to the first bay so I have access to the 220 volt welder outlet, then pulled my daughters race truck into the shop for the winter. We pulled her front wheels off so they could start getting the mud cleaned out from the front diff so I can figure out the issue turning right.

On my truck, pulled all the fuel and transmission lines out of the frame. Removed the 3/0 battery cables and removed the drive shafts off the truck.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Joker Fabrication, Air Dog, Diesel Power Plus, Power Driven Diesel, DPC, Crazy A Performance
Old 11-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #1382
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
I hate short winter days.... managed to get 25 t posts spaced and driven in before it started getting dark after I finished work today at the house. Won't get home in time tomorrow to do anything outside except maybe feed the cows before it gets dark. Have about 90 more posts to put in on the last 1/4 mile of fence.

Spent a little time on the truck tearing down some of the engine parts, removed the t4-t6 adapter, exhaust manifold, injector lines and injectors and injection pump.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Joker Fabrication, Air Dog, Diesel Power Plus, Power Driven Diesel, DPC, Crazy A Performance
Old 11-15-2017, 10:00 PM   #1383
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Spent some time tearing more apart on the truck. Removed the starter, power steering / vacuum pump, intake manifold, water neck on the side of the block and transfer case.

Plan on removing the head tomorrow night.

Ordered a t6 flange from steed today so I can cut off the t4 flange and weld on the t6 flange.

Need to try and find a place I can get new lines for my front shocks made with a banjo on the shock end instead of the straight in fitting. If I can get one made, then I can switch over to the flat plates and get longer limit straps for the front.

Front shocks I need the line for

Another pile of removed parts

Old 11-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #1384
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Tonight I pulled the head off of the engine, first time I've pulled it with the head gasket still sealing good.

Pulled the transmission and converter as well, easiest job lifting it up over the frame from the top. Knocked out the trans xmember as well.

Just have 2 bolts left holding the engine in....

Checked out the rules for the class I want to run in all 3 orgs,

KMRO 6 Harmonic balancer need to be over center line of front axle, Front axles must be within 12” of centerline of fender

MAMR 4 Harmonic Balancer must be on centerline of the front axle or forward.

ELITE 4B Front Face of Harmonic Balancer must not be behind centerline of front axle.

The only one that's going to be fun dealing with is the kmro rule of the fender and wheel centerline, will have to get creative to make it good.

We played around with the tape and a straight edge, looks like I could move the engine back almost 22"

That would make a short arse bed... but really shift the weight back in the truck.