Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Garmon Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Garmon Diesel Ask Jeff Garmon

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
SLVRBullet

Name: SLVRBullet
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
gettin Garmonized.....

well after more problems than i care to talk about in the last couple of monthes with miss matched parts from this company & that.... converter issues, exessive heat issues, etc, wait did i mention converter issues.....

I finally bit the bullet & ordered a complete trans + converter from Jeff that includes his triple disk, billet input, and all the other goodies inside. This will be my 3rd trans of the year already ( stocker finally gave way....then had a complete rebuild locally with good parts & some heat issues destroyed it ) & hopefully the last.

I have spent qyite a bit of time on the phone with Jeff & feel very confident that i`m getting a stout trans from him. I guess i should have asked how much hp it can take... never thought to ask that....hmmmm
Either way i have looked all over the internet & i cant find 1 bad thread about him or his trannies & to say i`m a bit excited to get it would be an uderstatement.

So after it goes in i will post up comments etc. about the trans.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeismad
Aftermarket boobs are definitely performance parts. They make you finish faster.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
why cant i edit this post????????????

Quote:
Aftermarket boobs are definitely performance parts. They make you finish faster.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
You cant go wrong with Garmon good choice. At least you have done your homework and picked the right builder. Some do this 4 times till they get it right so your ahead of the game.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
I broke ALOT of billet parts using another person's build. Jeff hooked me up with eariler this year, truck drives completely different now. 4x4 locked shifts in the past almost always promised something billet breaking...not anymore
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezingsystems View Post
You cant go wrong with Garmon good choice. At least you have done your homework and picked the right builder. Some do this 4 times till they get it right so your ahead of the game.
my wallet doesnt feel like im doing it rite...at least the first time. i thought i could save a few bucks and have a trans done locally, with decent parts etc. but in the end i will be costing me more but at least i know i am getting the best.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmecummin View Post
I broke ALOT of billet parts using another person's build. Jeff hooked me up with eariler this year, truck drives completely different now. 4x4 locked shifts in the past almost always promised something billet breaking...not anymore
i have read that his trans shift amazing !!!!! cant wait...just a couple more days.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
i heard back from Jeff this morning it shipped out yesterday & he said the trans will hold 650 hp at the wheels, so i`m in great shape as i only plan to go to 550 - 600 max. that should make for a pretty nice work/tow vehicle.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Keep us posted!

Congrats on making the "right" call for your purchase...

His brand new converters and like being with a virgin, comfort in knowing nobody elses "parts" have every been in there before!!!!

You won't regret it!!
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 08-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
BFD99

Name: BFD99
Title: The Stig
Member`s Gallery
Love mine, I'm sure you will too! I've got Phil Taylor's Converter, billet input, his 195psi Valvebody and all his other tricks and such, said it should hold 650-700. It shifts amazing, and so smooth and quick, even with the converter locked.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery

Post Fail!!!

Mean't to type "are like".....

Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Keep us posted!

His brand new converters and like being with a virgin, comfort in knowing nobody elses "parts" have every been in there before!!!!

You won't regret it!!
well its been a long time since i`ve been with a virgin so i cant wait. Saturday cant get here soon enough.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
Love mine, I'm sure you will too! I've got Phil Taylor's Converter, billet input, his 195psi Valvebody and all his other tricks and such, said it should hold 650-700. It shifts amazing, and so smooth and quick, even with the converter locked.

what kind of temps do you see cruising vs. pulling etc.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Keep us posted!

You won't regret it!!
def. keep you posted... i may have a couple questions for you since it seems you are pretty tight with Jeff & know his product all too well.....

after all the issues/problems & wasted money i have had with "other guys parts" i was & still am pretty gun shy at this point after hearing every one else`s promises about how good there product is.

Garmon has an amazing following & nothing but great feedback all over the internet so its my turn now to see/feel the garmon differance.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
RascalMafia

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRBullet View Post
def. keep you posted... i may have a couple questions for you since it seems you are pretty tight with Jeff & know his product all too well.....

after all the issues/problems & wasted money i have had with "other guys parts" i was & still am pretty gun shy at this point after hearing every one else`s promises about how good there product is.

Garmon has an amazing following & nothing but great feedback all over the internet so its my turn now to see/feel the garmon differance.
Trust me dude...I feel your pain.
These are all from "another guy's" builds of my transmission. 700RWHP, 7800lbs
That doesn't include all of the crap (everything forward of the OD housing, and that housing itself when the billet int shaft broke)

Click the image to open in full size.

Having Garmon's re-do my trans is the best decision I have ever made. I've raced it, towed with it, beat on it. Nothing. Jeff & Co dropped the trans pan on it today, spotless.

On edit: The shaft furthest to the left is a billet 1-3/8" SBC shaft from my NV4500.
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Last edited by RascalMafia; 08-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #15
BFD99

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
what kind of temps do you see cruising vs. pulling etc.
Don't have a gauge on it, and don't ever tow....

Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #16
RascalMafia

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
Don't have a gauge on it, and don't ever tow....
"Gauges are for people who care"...I'm 4 years into this truck without any.
I'm actually ordering a pyro tomorrow, only because of stupid Mont Eagle, towing, and SDX.
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #17
BFD99

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
"Gauges are for people who care"...I'm 4 years into this truck without any.
I'm actually ordering a pyro tomorrow, only because of stupid Mont Eagle, towing, and SDX.
LMAO I have pyro, rail pressure and boost, but its all through my TS MPD and i always forget to look at them!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Trust me dude...I feel your pain.
These are all from "another guy's" builds of my transmission. 700RWHP, 7800lbs
That doesn't include all of the crap (everything forward of the OD housing, and that housing itself when the billet int shaft broke)

Click the image to open in full size.

Having Garmon's re-do my trans is the best decision I have ever made. I've raced it, towed with it, beat on it. Nothing. Jeff & Co dropped the trans pan on it today, spotless.

On edit: The shaft furthest to the left is a billet 1-3/8" SBC shaft from my NV4500.
wow that is an impressive "trophy" shelf....... no offense.

the converter is being delivered tomorrow & the trans on Thursday..... Saturday mornign out it all comes.

I beleive i have made the right choice this time.......i`m usually not the type to cut corners but 5-6k is alot of coin for a trans.... but then again so is spending 3k+ twice & then having to spend 5-6 K on top of it all....

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #19
SLVRBullet

Member`s Gallery
feelmecummin did jeff & co just pull it apart for maintanence reasons today or you just wanted to see what it was looking like.

I wish i lived closer, shoot i would have had him build it & install it all at the same time.

Quote:

Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #20
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Ask away!!

PM me your number and I'll do the same.. Call anytime!
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Closed Thread