Stock Fuel Tank Sump

I'll assume these would work for street trucks as well, and off the beaten path type trucks ? No chance of this getting ripped off being that it'll hang a couple inches lower ??

Very nice piece as well!!! Just wish i had the $$ right now. LOL

Curtis

I'll assume these would work for street trucks as well, and off the beaten path type trucks ? No chance of this getting ripped off being that it'll hang a couple inches lower ??

Very nice piece as well!!! Just wish i had the $$ right now. LOL

Curtis

http://www.dieselinnovations.com/gal/main.php?g2_itemId=4829

misc_fuel_system_091.jpg

misc_fuel_system_085.jpg

misc_fuel_system_084.jpg

misc_fuel_system_089.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Could you make the inside flange a two piece deal so you would not even have to drop the tank?

I don't believe it makes a difference what plastic tank you have. Although I'd bet you'll need some kind of in-line pump to pull/filter the fuel out. ;)

It works on any tank ( make , model , gas , diesel )that has a flat surface on it that the gasket can seal to.

I had thought about cutting a slot in the ring to work it in from the bottom. My fuel cell cap has a similiar ring thats notched. Only problem from doing it from the bottom is getting douched with diesel cutting the hole.It would be impossible to siphon every bit off fuel out of the tank.
I'll cut a test hole in the shop today to see if it can be worked in from the bottom.

For those that have ran them with a FASS/Air Dog system how low can the tank go before experiencing any issues if any.

Didn't Joe Farmer have one on his Black 12v?:poke:

My Fass 150/180 draw straw strait up sucks and I've had the bed off twice to check it.

I see everyone is looking at getting every drop of fuel out of there tank but that is another issue. The main deal with this setup no matter what location you put it in is that it works and it is low profile, even with my current setup I still worry or think about it when I run over something in the road, with this setup the sweat factor would go away.

I never liked the draw straw method as our pumps don't pull fuel very well but they do a good job of pushing it, that is why I got away from it. This is a good product and design that is cheap to buy!

Jim

I am currently having issues with my 1/2" draw straw. The new FASS pump I just installed (260gph) will suck air at 1/4 tank like crazy. I called DI two days ago and asked them if they had any of those sumps, which they did not. What great luck that Hellman's made some just when I needed one. Mine is already on it's way!! Thanks Joe!!

Back