DTT new 3-disc converter ?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I have heard DTT have just released new 3-disck converter with steel stator?

Do you guys have more info about it?

:woohoo:

That's funny right there. LOL

DTT said a single will hold just as well as a tripple, why should they make a tripple?

Last edited:
The reason they have released a triple disc is due to market demand..... Guys are wanting triple disc's regardless of whether they need them or not so it has to do with marketing.

At some point more than a single will be required but I am not sure where. I pushed several of our trucks well past 800 and one of them past 900 using a DTT single with no TC slippage.

Doug Smith

There is at least one truck making 1000 plus that has a single and it holds just fine. DTT will make a 3 cause people are willing to pay for it, seems like a smart decision to me....

That's right Ted. You have to flow with the market. The single in Tim's truck seemed to do fine at 1020.

Do you guys recommend to order sinlgle disck converter, if my target is only 800 Hp?

:huh::

Personally I don't see the advantage to a triple disk, plus there new, so I would wait, but thats just my opinion. I made 730 for over two years, until I detuned it for towing, and never had any slippage issues.

Last edited:
Jetpilot said:
The reason they have released a triple disc is due to market demand..... Guys are wanting triple disc's regardless of whether they need them or not so it has to do with marketing.

At some point more than a single will be required but I am not sure where. I pushed several of our trucks well past 800 and one of them past 900 using a DTT single with no TC slippage.

Doug Smith

What other kind of parts are you using in your tranny besides the DTT single disk?

I imagine he had the "basic" DTT race tranny, billet everything...., thats what I had and its been fine.

ob1kobi said:
Personally I don't see the advantage to a triple disk, plus there new, so I would wait, but thats just my opinion. I made 730 for over two years, until I detuned it for towing, and never had any slippage issues.

I felt a big difference between Suncoasts Single Disc- Suncoasts Triple Disc and the Suncoast 5 Disc Converters...... I reckon it depends on how hard you want lock-up to hit.......
The 5 Disc is simply awesome when it locks!:woohoo: :bow: :woohoo:

Do you guy's lock converter after first gear?

Can DTT single disk converter handle locked 2 and 3 gear shift?

yes and yes, however if something breaks and they find out you have a lock up switch installed its your bill.

:doh: All converters lock in every gear after first LOL........ A L/U switch keeps the converter locked no matter what. They can help getting down the 1/4 but they can also grenade stuff if not used properly

Last edited:
I have DTT smart controller for converter lock up.

I live in Estonia (Europe) and if something brakes its allways on my bill :doh: , i hope billet internals can handle it.:1tooth:

Back