Cummins ISV 5.0 Nut

navycuda

I've been following the ISV since it was first announced in diesel power, in what, 2008? The renders they showed of the heads, were for another pushrod v8. When I heard Nissan and Dodge were going to work together on a common platform and the ISV was going to be dual over head cam, I was excited. I was really impressed that Nissan pressed on even though dodge dropped out due to the ownership change.

I think that was a big part in the failure of the ISV and the Nissan Titan XD. If Dodge had actually carried the ISV in their trucks like it was planned, I think it would have been a far more successful engine.

I have a 2019 Nissan Titan XD I bought brand new. I wasn't satisfied with the tune I bought for it when I deleted it... so I taught myself to code, then I wrote my own editor, converted a winols map pack back into an ecfg and have tuned it myself. The editor will be going public eventually, but it still has a number of bugs. It will support only cummins engines with ecfgs, or custom made ecfgs following the cummins xml format.

There are some really amazing people out there who have helped this mildly insane highschool drop out figure out some concepts that seemed above my reach.

I have joined the ranks of you here to learn, hopefully, how to time a diesel engine.

I've been following the ISV since it was first announced in diesel power, in what, 2008? The renders they showed of the heads, were for another pushrod v8. When I heard Nissan and Dodge were going to work together on a common platform and the ISV was going to be dual over head cam, I was excited. I was really impressed that Nissan pressed on even though dodge dropped out due to the ownership change.

I think that was a big part in the failure of the ISV and the Nissan Titan XD. If Dodge had actually carried the ISV in their trucks like it was planned, I think it would have been a far more successful engine.

I have a 2019 Nissan Titan XD I bought brand new. I wasn't satisfied with the tune I bought for it when I deleted it... so I taught myself to code, then I wrote my own editor, converted a winols map pack back into an ecfg and have tuned it myself. The editor will be going public eventually, but it still has a number of bugs. It will support only cummins engines with ecfgs, or custom made ecfgs following the cummins xml format.

There are some really amazing people out there who have helped this mildly insane highschool drop out figure out some concepts that seemed above my reach.

I have joined the ranks of you here to learn, hopefully, how to time a diesel engine.
As much as I would love to tap your knowledge on the subject, apparently Comp D along with several other forums have been used as evidence against persons in EPA prosecution, so be very metered with what you divulge when it comes to distribution.

I have wondered why the ISV isn't the go to for hot-rod swaps, other than the obvious complexity.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

As much as I would love to tap your knowledge on the subject, apparently Comp D along with several other forums have been used as evidence against persons in EPA prosecution, so be very metered with what you divulge when it comes to distribution.

I have wondered why the ISV isn't the go to for hot-rod swaps, other than the obvious complexity.

Always some form of the fun police.

You're right though, setup right the ISV is a vicious monster. One of my goals is to build a race truck and take the pike's peak diesel title.

Fella with the old Ford pickup that went down in centrifugal fashion would be the one to ask ha

Fella with the old Ford pickup that went down in centrifugal fashion would be the one to ask ha

Yeah, I would want to avoid that.

I was in the BC Rockies in a fully loaded F-SuperDuty (F-550 from the 90's), and the right steering tire exploded as I was coming around the corner. I have no idea how I kept the truck on the road, never mind not scraping the no-posts.

I downloaded pikes peak for beam-ng, I want to have some knowledge of the track... that would be a scary fall man.

Yeah, I would want to avoid that.

I was in the BC Rockies in a fully loaded F-SuperDuty (F-550 from the 90's), and the right steering tire exploded as I was coming around the corner. I have no idea how I kept the truck on the road, never mind not scraping the no-posts.

I downloaded pikes peak for beam-ng, I want to have some knowledge of the track... that would be a scary fall man.

What are some tips for driving safely on Pikes Peak, based on your experience with the BeamNG.drive simulation? please let me know

What are some tips for driving safely on Pikes Peak, based on your experience with the BeamNG.drive simulation? please let me know
Go slow, and focus on the road and not the drop
-Two time pikes peak veteran
?

Back