what springs to use....

IC-Smoke

Oh SNAP!
Im looking for springs in my 2001.... what do you suggest?

2001 dodge cummins
62/12 over S400 twins (II turbos)
3rd gen head, ported & polished
7x0.012 injectors
scheids street cam
billet push rods

the other valvespring thread has my head churning... :bang I dont want to go extreme with the truck and it wont see much past 4000rpm very often... I was putting down 70-75 lbs of boost with water meth on the 2nd gen head (Im waiting to install the 3rd gen head and wanted info before I bought the springs and installed them then put on the truck.

Thanks guys!!
Ian

I have used F1 springs successfully with no issues. Some of the others I have had problems with from broken springs to broken valves.

Doug

I have a set of never ran locks, retainers, bridges, and springs. $950. $750 without the bridges.

springs

pm comp461 for a set of springs/retainers

zstroken are they titanium bridges??

After being with the resident Joystick Jockey,Jetpilot,while we whipped,beat down on and tried to launch the head into outer orbit in his old Slick Black Bottle Rocket I'd second the F1 springs.We broke about everything else when we were tuning his truck but never ever had a valve spring problem......Andy

Last edited:
I'll second that. there identicle to the F1 springs but a lot cheaper, and work great so far.

Well they may look identical but the F1 springs have an additional process done after Don recieves them. So even if they would come from the same spring manufactorer there are not identical.

Well they may look identical but the F1 springs have an additional process done after Don recieves them. So even if they would come from the same spring manufactorer there are not identical.

there triple shot peened, magnafluxed, stressed relieved and then coated. what else could you do?

there triple shot peened, magnafluxed, stressed relieved and then coated. what else could you do?

I will let Don answer that as I am not sure he wants it printed all over the web..... I am not trying to cause a pissing contest just stating the facts. I am also not saying Hamilton springs are not good (I have never tried them so I have no opinion) just that they are not identical.

Back