CAD Drawings

700 sportsman

Hey guys does anybody happen to have a CAD or solid works drawing of a billet timing cover and/or tappet cover. I would like to machine some, but I can't have my truck down to take it all apart to do the drawings myself or I would.

Thanks in advance,
Tyler

I have a feeling your gonna get met with a big phuck you, figure it out yourself. If i had the prints i wouldn't give them to you. Just sayin.

Good luck on your quest.

I have a feeling your gonna get met with a big phuck you, figure it out yourself. If i had the prints i wouldn't give them to you. Just sayin.

Good luck on your quest.

As if it's some trade secret? If somebody was so worried about a counterfeit, they could just give him a basic print without any special touches that they've added themselves.

Last edited:
As if it's some trade secret? If somebody was so worried about a counterfeit, they could just give him a basic print without any special touches that they've added themselves.

The only way you make back the time tied up in making a drawing is having something to sell at the end of it. If you give the drawing away to every joe schmoe asking for it you end up with nothing. I am all for helping people out but most have no idea the number of hours it takes to make these drawings.

I know these drawings aren't easy, and I respect that. But I am just looking before I have to buy one to do the drawing myself.

Thanks again guys

I don't see how it could end bad, There is no patent on this stuff. If so anyone building backhalfed trucks, making there own magic DV's or any other custom stuff for money should be hunting people down. I understand there is alot of time and some money in getting these on the shelves for sale but he is just asking for help. I do understand how it could be taken bad but I don't think he wanted Haisley or Schied to post up their plans, maybe just a shadetree guy with some equipment. I paln to make my own but already have a line on the help.

The only way you make back the time tied up in making a drawing is having something to sell at the end of it. If you give the drawing away to every joe schmoe asking for it you end up with nothing. I am all for helping people out but most have no idea the number of hours it takes to make these drawings.

I know it's time consuming to create such drawings. But aren't those in the business of making and selling such items, still selling them in the end??

Hey guys does anybody happen to have a CAD or solid works drawing of a billet timing cover and/or tappet cover. I would like to machine some, but I can't have my truck down to take it all apart to do the drawings myself or I would.

Thanks in advance,
Tyler

Buy a tin cover & a junk housing take it to your local machine shop put it on a cmm and bingo .

700, is this for a 12v motor? If so, I've got my stock tappet cover in a box. I'll help you out and take dimensions for you if that's what you need to create a drawing.

Back