06 ECM antitheft won't turn off with a (turned off) EFI tune

bigtim44

Salt addict
Having some issues with an 06 ECM (CM849B) on the race truck, the tune going onto the ECM has the anti-theft stuff turned off, but when the ECM is tuned and we attempt to start the truck it does the start for 3 seconds then quit, giving us 5 attempts before it locks us out. Reload the tune and we can go again. It seems like the ECM will not take the switched off Anti-theft parameters.
Software and firmware are all up to date including todays new update.
Any suggestions?

There are 3 places to switch off the SKIM and I believe all 3 have to be off for it to be fully disabled.
2 are in the main roster and the other is in the roster where speed and RPM are calibrated, I believe.

Mark.

Les, I did cycle the key after.

Mark,I verified with Ryan that all the parameters were switched to off.

I'm going to try and round up another ECM tomorrow to try out.

Hi Les
Can I pick your brain again? the correct vin in the tune made the motor start and run, but it runs very rough almost sounds like a dead cylinder/ bad injector.
I pulled the new injectors out and ran a leakdown to eliminate lack of compression.
I then put in a different set of injectors that I know are good,started the truck up and it sounds just the same, rough idle and rough with rpms.
so I then put the 6.7 harness and ECM back on the truck, start it and it runs smooth as glass.
I data logged the truck with the 06 5.9 ECM for a minute or two, the balance rates are all out of wack and the cp3 pressure at idle was over 8k.
Could the tune have an operating system incompatability? or could it be a bad ECM?
I can email the datalog if ya like.
Thanks
Tim

Back