CSP5 Tuning in a 6.7 Cummins swap, V2 or Autocal

jets-n-diesel

Looking at running with the CSP5 option on my Cummins engine swap. I'm using a 2012 engine with a 2008 ECM and wiring. As it is a swap it will need lots of DTC's disabled and the tune has to start from a base file without the VATS/SKIM enabled. I really prefer a V2 tune due to the independence it brings but I would not mind going with the CSP5 optioned Autocal if it would communicate directly with the PCM through the CAN BUS as the V2 can and meet my needs as far as disabling "limp mode" causing DTC's. Has anyone heard of running a CSP5 outside of a Dodge truck? Let me Know tuners!!

A v2 tune and a autocal tune are the same thing just one is on a autocal the other is on a v2. You still wont have access to the tune internals because everyone locks them. So I'm not sure what your asking. Are you wanting to use your v2, and buy a tune unlocked? If so you will be spending a large amount of money.

Quite simple to build a 2008 OS to run without SKIM and run with no DTC's.

You'll just have to communicate very well with the tuner you choose.

As les said, it is doable but the CM2100 is not the best choice for standalone. The cm849 (06-07 5.9 ecm) is much better suited, but you will need 5.9 injectors to make the engine function to its fullest. The CM2100 has some pretty serious limiters when ran standalone that can make writing a good tune very difficult.

I know that there are SKIM/VATS disabled files flying around the web that I could load with a V2 that would get my truck running by itself, the two that I've seen were C&C OS files and they don't make enough power. I really don't have the time to tune the truck myself so I'm more open to purchasing tunes whether for a V2 or an Autocal. Plus I would feel better with tunes that I knew were done by a PRO. I just want to know that the CSP5 switch will work with the OBD2 port wired straight to the ECM without the TIPM on board. I Know the V2 can communicate that way but wasn't sure of any other EFI products. Thanks guys!!!!

A v2 tune and a autocal tune are the same thing just one is on a autocal the other is on a v2. You still wont have access to the tune internals because everyone locks them. So I'm not sure what your asking. Are you wanting to use your v2, and buy a tune unlocked? If so you will be spending a large amount of money.

I know the CSP5 tune would be locked, but before I buy that tune I could use the V2 to load a known good file that I have so I could have the truck running (not at full potential) just to know it works. Unlike our previous conversation for the 2012 CM2200 ECM which is impossible.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but how exactly does the csp5 switch work? Can it have interference with other obd 2 connected devices?

The CSP5 switch sends commands across the CAN bus. In theory as long as the OBD-II device is not sending commands as well then there should be no interference. Typically only tuning devices (as far as aftermarket devices go) send commands across the bus. Monitors (edge insight for example) only listen to the can bus and interoperate the signals into data that you can see on the screen.

Last edited:
I know that there are SKIM/VATS disabled files flying around the web that I could load with a V2 that would get my truck running by itself, the two that I've seen were C&C OS files and they don't make enough power. I really don't have the time to tune the truck myself so I'm more open to purchasing tunes whether for a V2 or an Autocal. Plus I would feel better with tunes that I knew were done by a PRO. I just want to know that the CSP5 switch will work with the OBD2 port wired straight to the ECM without the TIPM on board. I Know the V2 can communicate that way but wasn't sure of any other EFI products. Thanks guys!!!!

The issue is not C&C files vs. pickup. The limitations that are present in the C&C files are also in the pickup files. There are no issues with having the OBD-II wired directly to the ecm. We tune many trucks that are setup standalone including our own drag truck. As long as you have the right CAN wires hooked up and in the correct position on the OBD-II port you will be fine.

The CSP5 switch sends commands across the CAN bus. In theory as long as the OBD-II device is not sending commands as well then there should be no interference. Typically only tuning devices (as far as aftermarket devices go) send commands across the bus. Monitors (edge insight for example) only listen to the can bus and interoperate the signals into data that you can see on the screen.

Yeah I learned the whole, not flashing through the pass through the hardway and toasted an old TCM trying to modify line pressures.

Back