Injector Spray Angle? Nozzle Dimensions?

drewkeen

Old School
Looking for some info on the Duramax injectors. I have an engine I am trying to modify with a similar looking Bosch fuel system and after some searching I still have a few questions I can't find an answer to.

What is the stock LBZ spray angle? Do aftermarket nozzles usually retain this? Do all of the Duramax engines come with this spray angle - and if not do you know the spray angle of some others? Are any nozzles that flow more offered directly from Bosch (or another quality provider) or are these all going to be extrude honed when trying to increase fuel flow?

Can someone measure the dimensions of the nozzle? I think the base should be 7mm in diameter, what about the overall length, tip diameter and tip portion length?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Should all be the same lb7 to LML at least. 155° sticks in my mind, not sure if that's correct

Edit: I know you asked about the nozzle dimension, the lb7 tips will be bigger

Last edited:
They are just a P-style nozzle, which are all dimensionally equivalent within the same family ie; sac type or VCO, the later Duramax has a 7mm shank. Depending on what year Duramax the nozzle came from they can be 6/7/8-hole, impinged or single plane, the cone angle ranges 158-159°

If your area of interest is if you can run a common rail nozzle from another application, then yes as long as the needle guide diameter and style is correct to match the holder.

Last edited:
Back