Pinks All Out Baytown.

We managed to make our fastest fuel only pass at 10.28 @ 133. Too bad the wastegate malfunctioned and we made that pass at about 40 psi and torched a couple of pistons.

Looks like we've got what it's going to take to get it in the 9's as that was just the first shakedown run so the launch was soft, and I'm not sure how hard Mike was pushing it.

My only Pic and Video.

LilRedPINKS_Houston2010_1.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5amV1vYzjN8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5amV1vYzjN8[/ame]

Suh-Weet! Pic!!!

Had a blast this weekend in Houston, didn't watch to much racing, but I did have fun!

Tim will chime in later I'm sure, but the first run he had a faster car in the other lane that slammed the brakes right after crossing the line. Tim slammed brakes as well, I think it was an 11.8XX on that pass with a serious brake check and a soft launch.

We then fought battery issues :( When we got the truck cranked for the second pass Tim moved up about 2 spots and a gent popped a motor and oiled the track. Tim killed the truck, and waited, and waited, and waited :bang Once the track was clean it was again started, and moved up one or two spots, just to shut down again due to another oil down. We could not get the truck to crank after that, best guess is a bad battery that was dragging the entire system down.

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

[ame="http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/texashwhu/?action=view&current=MVI_2261.mp4"]MVI_2261.mp4 video by texashwhu - Photobucket[/ame]

Found out last night my motor builder for our Plymouth got one of his MOPAR's into the 32 and knocked out in the first round, his other made it into the 8! Great job Buckner Boys!

First I would like to thank my crew for working so hard to get us ready to run this event.

Congrats to Max on a great event. Nice launches, quick E.T.s and no problems.
That's a very quick and consistent truck doing the sport proud.

Congrats to Tim and Crew for surviving the weekend as large volumes of alcohol were consumed in the vicinity of Deranges trailer......LMAO
They may have had a few issues with the truck but they sure know how to party........I even saw a certain HotRodDiesels crew member hanging around with them getting corrupted (Curtis). Tim owes me a carpet cleaning as this certain crew member (Curtis) puked in my recliner, on the floor and in the sink.....LOL

We did manage to make a career pass on fuel of 10.28 but had a wastegate and driver malfunction which cost us another motor.

Michael
HRD

I was planning on making a dedication toast to a certain crew member who without his help the truck would have never made it to this event.

John Volpe came down every weekend for months to help get the truck ready and for that I thank him.
He couldn't be with us as he was having family problems. The fact that he would put his family in front of his own wants and needs rates him very high in my book.
Thanks for all your help and support John we all love you and hope for the best for you and your family.

Michael & Pam Watkins
HotRodDiesels

Who was the 5th diesel?

You
mikes 12v
Danny procharged 6.0
tims ranger

Dunno, it was a black 24v 4 door with two black stacks.

There were actually 2 other Cummings. Both were grey, one was 2wd and the other was 4wd. The 4wd one was running 12.3's and the 2wd ran 11.9's iirc.

I even saw a certain HotRodDiesels crew member hanging around with them getting corrupted (Curtis). Tim owes me a carpet cleaning as this certain crew member (Curtis) puked in my recliner, on the floor and in the sink.....LOL

Pure awesomeness! :rockwoot: LOL Phil said somebody had puked near their camper Saturday night too.

I was planning on making a dedication toast to a certain crew member who without his help the truck would have never made it to this event.

John Volpe came down every weekend for months to help get the truck ready and for that I thank him.
He couldn't be with us as he was having family problems. The fact that he would put his family in front of his own wants and needs rates him very high in my book.
Thanks for all your help and support John we all love you and hope for the best for you and your family.

Michael & Pam Watkins
HotRodDiesels

Yup, John is good people.

Michael & Pam Watkins
HotRodDiesels

No thanks needed Michael. I enjoy the company and helping out when and where I can.

I wasn't able to stay Friday night and did not make it out Saturday due to family issues with my daughter. Her well being does take precedence over anything else to me.

I did enjoy Thursday and Friday while I was there. A Great bunch of diesel heads and racers to hang out with. :Cheer:

Good news is I was there to watch the initial 10.28 @ 133 fuel only pass. Bad news is it was the only pass this weekend. It looks like a few more weekends at your place coming up. I think we have the process down pat now.:doh:

I was wondering where you were at John, you were missed.

Micheal, you can blame the model for Curtis and his projectile problems, she took a slug from Danny's bottle, he then had to outdo her by killing what was left....I think, not real certain as things were a bit fuzzy by then LOL LOL

Back