Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Alternative Fuels
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alternative Fuels Fuel Talk!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
obee1kubota

Name: obee1kubota
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
up flow WMO filter

Hello!

I would just like to share my WMO filtering system.

Step One: Dump oil in a 330 Gallon tote and let sit for a month or two. (Even better in the winter because any water freezes solid)

Step Two: Pump through Cimtek 30 Micron fuel filter into my upflow filter.

Step Three: Gravity flow from upflow through Goldenrod 10 micron water absorbing fuel filter into another 330 gallon tote with a gel water sock in the bottom. Add 25% kerosene.

Step four. Pump from tote through a Cimtek 2 micron fuel filter into my truck.

UPFLOW filter design:

300 gallon fuel barrel setting on it's end so it looks like a beer can. I have 2 1/2" threaded bung welded in the center of the top end, and 1" bungs 6" down on the side, and center of the bottom. Barrel sits on 8" legs.

I have a 1" black pipe threaded into a 2 1/2 duplex bushing installed in the top of the barrel that ends about 8" of the bottom off the barrel. Another 1" nipple on the top side of the duplex bushing has a fifteen gallon funnel threaded on.

The 1" bung near the top on the side of the tank has my goldenrod filter and a ball valve.

The 1" bung on the bottom has an elbow and pipe with another ball valve exiting out under the tank to the outside.

I start the filtering process by pumping oil into the 15 gallon filter and letting gravity fill the 300 gallon tank completely. Then let sit a couple of weeks. Next step is open top ball valve so oil can exit to final tote when more oil is added to the funnel. Then I add oil from my first tote into the funnel on top and let is gravity feed down through the pipe to the bottom of the upflow filter thus forcing the filtered oil out of the top of the tank through the golden rod filter into my final tote. Every week or so I open the bottom ball valve to drain off any water, antifreeze or sludge that has settled out.

With the combined settling in the first tote and upflow filter there is little to no water collected in the goldenrod. The 2 micron filter I use on the dispensing hose into my truck lasts about 300-500 gallons so most of the dangerous stuff has already been filtered out. I run the 75% WMO 25% kerosene mix from April to November in my 12 valve. Effective cost including kerosene and filter costs is about 90 cents a gallon. My truck has more power (more BTU in WMO than diesel) and quieter. The only negative is that when it is running it smells like it needs a ring job badly.

Closed Thread