Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Alternative Fuels
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alternative Fuels Fuel Talk!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
I did notice in my Chevy lml work truck. Diesel kleen and a 10 percent bio mix kept it from regenerating constantly... Didn't really help mileage but it helped overall.
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #42
Rustin

Name: Rustin
Title: Let the Beatings Begin!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
Have you checked out the dry wash systems?
I have. They are quite costly to build and costly to buy and maintain. Unless things have changed in the last two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
I've got 100 gal or so of WVO I'd like to get rid of if you have any use for it.
I might, how old is it?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #43
Rustin

Name: Rustin
Title: Let the Beatings Begin!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
I did notice in my Chevy lml work truck. Diesel kleen and a 10 percent bio mix kept it from regenerating constantly...
Now thats new.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #44
LReiff

Name: LReiff
Title: The Antistock
Member`s Gallery
Dry wash systems have advanced recently. I know a guy that's using one and it works great. Not sure what brand he's using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
If anyone thinks the internet is serious they should seriously log off and burn their laptop.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #45
dixon700

Name: dixon700
Title: cummins fanatic
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
good to hear...be sure & use the white power service for the anti gel seasons. the silver bottle has No antigel at all . the 911 isnt really meant to run all the time, it's solely to get you off the side of the road.
O I know not to use all the time I only used a qt that one time.
04.5qcsb 3/4hd built 47reh kilduff isspro adii motorsportdiesel 100%over 10.6cp3&bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty touch udc pro by gordon 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle wheels dynatrac top gun customz

Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #46
ChuMaDD

Name: ChuMaDD
Title: Meh
Member`s Gallery
Has anyone ever tested PS vs 2 stroke marine oil?

I know you won't get the cetane boost/anti-gel protection but from all I have read you can't replace the lubrication it gives back to your fuel system

Old 02-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #47
dixon700

Name: dixon700
Title: cummins fanatic
Member`s Gallery
Biodiesel at a 2% content was tested to be the best lubricant. I run 20oz of tw-c3 2 stroke in every tank currently with xdps additive, but I may be going back to using ps since I had a small amount of fuel gelling up around 0* using xdps additive.
04.5qcsb 3/4hd built 47reh kilduff isspro adii motorsportdiesel 100%over 10.6cp3&bypass CPP stainless diesel63 over s475 trac bars mishimoto Hamilton pusher arp smarty touch udc pro by gordon 4"-7"stacks 4.10's 6"lift 37"toyo mts eagle wheels dynatrac top gun customz

Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #48
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I decided to try the silver PS, as a side note, if you get it on your gloves just throw them away as it will stink the whole truck up Lol. Seems to be idling a little smoother and starting quieter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #49
ryanihw350

Name: ryanihw350
Title: 1stGENPULLER
Member`s Gallery
We had gotten some algea in my Dad's Log Loader. Nothing seemed to get it killed and was almost impossible to steam clean. Tried the Diesel Kleen Biocide and it actually got rid of the algea in the tank. It broke up the algea in the tank. Had to go thru alot of fuel filters but it ended the algea problem.
Same thing happened at our Volunteer Fire Dept in one of the fire knockers with algea problem and the Diesel Kleen Biocide solved the problem.

Wish Wal-mart wasn't so close to our Diesel Shop to sell some PowerService. Hard to compete with Wal-mart's prices.

Down South Diesel

Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #50
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanihw350 View Post
We had gotten some algea in my Dad's Log Loader. Nothing seemed to get it killed and was almost impossible to steam clean. Tried the Diesel Kleen Biocide and it actually got rid of the algea in the tank. It broke up the algea in the tank. Had to go thru alot of fuel filters but it ended the algea problem.
Same thing happened at our Volunteer Fire Dept in one of the fire knockers with algea problem and the Diesel Kleen Biocide solved the problem.

Wish Wal-mart wasn't so close to our Diesel Shop to sell some PowerService. Hard to compete with Wal-mart's prices.
Your right about the wall mart thing...but I have found that people coming to your shop will buy it while they are there... especially if their truck is at your shop due to bad fuel . Would any of you shop owners like me to see about getting you a display & maybe some price specials ?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #51
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Member`s Gallery
I do

I would like some info John. I don't sell a large amount but I do sell what I can at my shop. Thanks Jeff
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #52
ryanihw350

Name: ryanihw350
Title: 1stGENPULLER
Member`s Gallery
Would like some info also, I'll pm you the email address, thanks!

Down South Diesel

Last edited by ryanihw350; 02-06-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #53
John Robinson

Member`s Gallery
ok guys, please pm your address & we will get you set up, thanks for your support.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #54
John Robinson

Member`s Gallery
Ok I've got a few of you guys on board ...anybody else ?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #55
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota84 View Post
I decided to try the silver PS, as a side note, if you get it on your gloves just throw them away as it will stink the whole truck up Lol. Seems to be idling a little smoother and starting quieter.

STINK!?!?!?!

to quote the movie "Pineapple Express"

SMELLLLLLLLIT it smells like... God's vagina

Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #56
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing View Post
STINK!?!?!?!

to quote the movie "Pineapple Express"

SMELLLLLLLLIT it smells like... God's vagina
Lol.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #57
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Member`s Gallery
Bottles leak if they tip over. Had my last ps bottle tip over in a tub of tools. Man that tub smells now. Every tool that goes in a job smells like a fresh bottle....... Forever........ Good product keeps truck quieter.

Last edited by VMAX; 02-08-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #58
ARbowhunter7

Name: ARbowhunter7
Title: Opulence...I Has It.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
Bottles leak if they tip over. Had my last ps bottle tip over in a tub of tools. Man that tub smells now. Every tool that goes in a job smells like a fresh bottle....... Forever........ Good product keeps truck quieter.
Very true, your tops suck. They can only be upright, which is fine in a shop but sucks in a stop-and-go truck.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #59
SuperDave4x4

Name: SuperDave4x4
Title: popcorn playa
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARbowhunter7 View Post
Very true, your tops suck. They can only be upright, which is fine in a shop but sucks in a stop-and-go truck.
I take the seal off carefully then place it back in the cap or lately I've actually gotten to where I just take most of the seal off on the side that the fluid comes out when I pour it into my tank and just push it back down when I put the cap on. If I do this then I don't lose the seal.

(Sold)1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v CTD Ext. Cab- 01' motor w/ orings, .020 gasket, Garmon/SunCoast, Drag comp, 150hp EDMs, 57/72 twins, AD150, 20" Hoss, Proxes STII, Thuren/Carli, etc

Member #41

Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #60
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
I've told BRE this story but thought I'd share. When I had his silver truck, and it had around 135,000 miles (somewhere in there), the IP started to make it idle like crap. What amazed me was, I could dump 10 oz of PS into the tank and once it got mixed and though the lines and to the motor, the idle would completely clear up. I thought it was a fluke so I did it a number of times. When I'd get below 1/8 tank of fuel (treated with PS) and pull up to the pump, once I started putting in new fuel and it got to about 1/2 a tank, the idle would go to crap again...like clockwork. Add 10 oz when done...about 3 minutes, back to smooth. I finally put a new IP in the truck...but PS does have a little magic in each bottle.

My one wish is that it had a device on the top to measure and dump a preset amount into the tank. I'm not a fan of trying to dump 6 or 10 oz into the tank and using the little clear sight glass on the bottle. If you use a funnel and throw it in the tool box, it will stink to high heaven. When I had kids on bottles, I kept a pack of those 10 oz baby bottle liners in the truck. I'd just fill one up, dump it in, and trash the liner at the pump. I figured folks at the pump would think it was a condom....but I hoped they did...because they are HUGE!

Self measuring bottle. Pitch that to 'em John.

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Closed Thread