Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Alternative Fuels
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alternative Fuels Fuel Talk!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Mutt_78

Name: Mutt_78
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Yanmar Common Rail

Hi! I'm new here, and I'm gathering information on an eco vehicle I've been designing on napkins and my brain for the past year or so. I would like to do a small Eco car, with a mid mounted 3 cylinder twin turbo common rail Yanmar. What goes into designing a common rail system? I'm an accomplished machinist and I'm soon to start schooling for mechanical engineering, I just don't have a lot of knowledge in diesel, or biodiesel to be more accurate. I know how to make it, roughly, and should start producing small batches in the coming months. Any help is appreciated! :]

Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Rustin

Name: Rustin
Title: Let the Beatings Begin!
Member`s Gallery
Welcome Mutt!

Take a couple of classes on diesel technology, and if you give me a few days I will post up a link to a few books that can help you get started.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
rdix7991

Name: rdix7991
Title: Grumpy
Member`s Gallery
Welcome!

Use the search feature and that will help tremdously find what you are lookin for. Quite a few people here run or have tried many differnet types of bio-fuel.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
LReiff

Name: LReiff
Title: The Antistock
Member`s Gallery
I have one of those brainstorms going as well. A VW tdi since its already common rail but ran off an ECU that allows totally customizable tuning. Possibly in a lighter weight car than the VW models. 70-80 MPG would be nice, race tuning at the flip of a switch will be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
If anyone thinks the internet is serious they should seriously log off and burn their laptop.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
Mutt_78

Name: Mutt_78
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
I have one of those brainstorms going as well. A VW tdi since its already common rail but ran off an ECU that allows totally customizable tuning. Possibly in a lighter weight car than the VW models. 70-80 MPG would be nice, race tuning at the flip of a switch will be awesome.
dude no doubt :] im calling it the eco-tourismo, mainly cause it describes exactly what i want, and it sounds bad ass lol. and im deff going for as light as possible. a small carbon fiber, 2 seater tub with possibly an integrated tube cage for the top portion, much resembling the maclaren mp4-12c with a tube cage on top.

Last edited by Mutt_78; 01-31-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
ttcfan4476

Name: ttcfan4476
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I work at a biodiesel plant, making it is the eazy part getting it to meet standards is the hard part. You dont worry to much about standards with homeade stuff but it needs to be clean and low in glycerin and moisture for sure.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Van

Closed Thread