Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #21
ecc_33

Name: ecc_33
Title: Amanda, Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Dude, the single CP3 rule makes the common rail guys spend $3k to keep up with the P-pump guys, this has been hashed out forever. It makes no sense.
Total azz casam on my part lol. I agree 100% I said this for years. Why limit fuel when you are already limiting air! It was a poke at some old rules many moons ago when 2.5 first started way back when you and I pulled against each other lol.
S475, ATS tranny parts, ATS Dual Fuelers,FASS 95gph tuff country lift, SD parts, Carrillo rods, H11 head studs, 60% over injectors, Custom BES heads and machine work, hamilton valve springs, ATI damper 11.63 at 116mph

Old 10-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #22
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc_33 View Post
Total azz casam on my part lol. I agree 100% I said this for years. Why limit fuel when you are already limiting air! It was a poke at some old rules many moons ago when 2.5 first started way back when you and I pulled against each other lol.
No problem, mang!

Old 10-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
01 HO

Name: 01 HO
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I agree the rules are different than most sanctioning bodies, however this class is being ruled around roughly 800ish HP. It should be a fun class with a lot of turbo rules restrictions and pictures so theres no confusion. the 8500 lb weigh in is for the newer duallys so they can pull without stripping down. No zz fab indivavidual runners no after market heads or blocks must be oem heads and blocks. this should be a fun class as long as the rules are not strayed to far away from what was talked about the other night.
s&b cai, flo-pro 5", FTE 125hp stick, fass titanium, smarty, edge drag comp, isspro ev2 guages, southbend DxD 3600 hd hydraulics, stanless diesel exh manifold, high tech turbo 62/65, third link traction bars, 2" leveling kit, mastercraft courser c/t 285/75r16

Old 10-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #24
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
There was no intention to have a class like yours at ~1000hp. The intention was be be down several hundred HP from that. so how about being fine with this?
Thats great and im cool with whatever you do, don't plan on pullin with you. I too don't want your class to be like the one I run but you really need to spend a lot of time with the turbo rule wording. Make it a page long if you would. Ink is cheap, turbos aren't. And im not dreaming BS because before you know it, it will happen. I been around too long and seen it too any Times. Bought several chargers to keep pulling. I like letting dullies in but tires needs to be of stock size or limited in such a way you describe.

Last edited by ComnRailPwr; 10-10-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #25
PsdPullerJR

Name: PsdPullerJR
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Fuel cells and hood stacks?

Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #26
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
No hood stacks. We didn't discuss fuel cells.

On edit: current draft wording is OEM tank in normal location or fuel cell in bed.

Last edited by nwpadmax; 10-10-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComnRailPwr View Post
Thats great and im cool with whatever you do, don't plan on pullin with you. I too don't want your class to be like the one I run but you really need to spend a lot of time with the turbo rule wording. Make it a page long if you would. Ink is cheap, turbos aren't. And im not dreaming BS because before you know it, it will happen. I been around too long and seen it too any Times. Bought several chargers to keep pulling. I like letting dullies in but tires needs to be of stock size or limited in such a way you describe.
10-4 man, I hear ya, sorry if I sounded ornery.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #28
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 HO View Post
I agree the rules are different than most sanctioning bodies, however this class is being ruled around roughly 800ish HP. It should be a fun class with a lot of turbo rules restrictions and pictures so theres no confusion. the 8500 lb weigh in is for the newer duallys so they can pull without stripping down. No zz fab indivavidual runners no after market heads or blocks must be oem heads and blocks. this should be a fun class as long as the rules are not strayed to far away from what was talked about the other night.
Correct on OEM blocks and heads. I can't recall at the moment how the wording wound up on the intakes but within the next week I think we'll get most of all this clarified.

Hopefully if we do a good job, we have a class that should be good to watch and not cause too much carnage like we see in 2.6.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #29
PTPULLINCHASSIS

Name: PTPULLINCHASSIS
Title: DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
No hood stacks. We didn't discuss fuel cells.

On edit: current draft wording is OEM tank in normal location or fuel cell in bed.
Perfect!

Old 10-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #30
ComnRailPwr

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTPULLINCHASSIS View Post
Perfect!
Agreed

Old 10-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #31
Problem child

Name: Problem child
Title: Double nickel @
Member`s Gallery
COTPC is crazy already and yeah it takes more than 800 hp to run with them boys. So its just turning into who has the most money, best 2.5 charger out there = $$$$$$

Old 11-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #32
Muff

Name: Muff
Title: Just Learning
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Correct on OEM blocks and heads.
Is this going to be added to the current rules posted on the website? I see nothing about oem heads unless i misread (which is highly possible).

Max ground contact patch of 18” Per Side for Trucks running dual wheels. This will be a big argument between competitors. I think this needs reworded/changed.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #33
zeigler86

Name: zeigler86
Title: GO 4 BROKE
Member`s Gallery
Seen many different sets of rules with duff wording already on this 2.5 class. One thing gets made clear while other stuff gets changed for the worst for no reason. Starting to look like 2.6 May be a better move for me.

18’ platinum
Joy & Pain 06’ triple turbo wet deckplate all purpose beast

Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #34
ComnRailPwr

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeigler86 View Post
Starting to look like 2.6 May be a better move for me.
bad idea IMO. 2.6 is a lot of broken parts. 2.5 no matter how butchered the rules become air/air CAC keeps trucks together. If I ever leave 2.5 I'll go 3.0. I did 2.6 for a few years and realized it is just stupid to stay, the expense to compete and repairs make it zero fun. Only good thing is the amount of pulls to attend in 2.6 is significantly greater. As long as cotpc keeps 2.5 I'm staying put.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #35
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeigler86 View Post
Seen many different sets of rules with duff wording already on this 2.5 class. One thing gets made clear while other stuff gets changed for the worst for no reason. Starting to look like 2.6 May be a better move for me.

I was worried the class would do that. What did you see that's not right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #36
zeigler86

Member`s Gallery
They need to make rules somewhat close to other 2.5 classes that WORK that are out there. That way people can run more places than just with them. They keep makin things like smooth bore or stock appearing or not being clear on what frame and foot.
IMHO
The turbo rule should read as they want .150 mwe
T4 s400 or smaller. 2.5 bore both before and after the mwe. No clipped wheels. No forward facing mwe unless stock unaltered like lbz Dmax. Will be measured with a 2.55 plug and mwe measured with dangle ball at .150. A stock unaltered turbo will be ok. 6.4 fords can use the stock turbo arrangement as long as it's unaltered from factory size

This makes it very cut and dry no bs

18’ platinum
Joy & Pain 06’ triple turbo wet deckplate all purpose beast

Last edited by zeigler86; 11-27-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
fairallbilt

Name: fairallbilt
Member`s Gallery
BoB rules imo

Old 11-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #38
zeigler86

Member`s Gallery
Whatever rules need to be made 100% clear that will avoid any bs