What to change on current compound setup

russcone

Okay trucks a 06 auto with dual pumps, exergy 100% overs and the current turbo setup is a htt 66/73/13 and 75/96/1.32. I'm not really sure what this setup is capable of producing power wise. I'd like enough air for close to 1000 but for now I'm trying to stay around 850ish. I was thinking I could do away with the t3 housing and go t4 but not sure if that would be enough. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I originally built this kit with what I had and have since grown with more fuel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Change the 475 out for a 480 or slightly larger. Im not sure if changing your 66 t3 charger will alter your piping but something to consider as well.

So if I changed the 75 to and 80 would my 66 still be restricted being t3? It has the internal wastgate and I wanna say it's around 30-35 psi now.
I'm almost at the point of yanking this setup out and running a 472/83/1.0 sxe as a single. I can get my hands on one very easily.

is it a Daily driver? worried about drive pressures?

30-35 psi? you can go a good 10 lbs higher before worrying about volumetric efficiency being a problem.

you have enough fuel for 850 but with EFI now a days you can run a big single and get it to spool descent with good tuning.

my setup below has been making 800 for almost 4 years now and i only have 50% overs. my only complaint is initial spool up but some if that is due to my converter.

Truck is a daily and will be till I get a work truck. I dont have a drive pressure gauge so not sure what drive pressure is. Talked to the guys at Stainless Diesel and they recommended just throwing a 480 on and it'll be enough for sure. They said the t3 isnt as restrictive as you think, that it'll be fine. They even mentioned the psi ratio should be around 50/50 or a little lower on the secondary side

Back