Wet 6.7 12v block

97rada

I am going to a 6.7 block with sleeves next season. Staying 12v. From what I have gathered a 12v head will leak coolant on a 6.7 deck on the exhaust side. Has anyone ran WET blocks like this. If so what did you do?

Would keeping the head wet and filling block not work for you? Or vice versa?

Was told it's not that great of a solution when it comes do getting them sealed up. Still leaking ect. Also not that excited about hot lapping a filled block. At some of the gas stuff I wanna attend I could need to make passes every 25-45 min. I would be pretty salty if I stuck a piston or destroyed this block for that reason.

I put one together around 4 years ago. 12V head on a stock 6.7 block. Used 12V gasket. Other than when the junk chit Extreme Studs gave up, it hasn't leaked a drop.

I put one together around 4 years ago. 12V head on a stock 6.7 block. Used 12V gasket. Other than when the junk chit Extreme Studs gave up, it hasn't leaked a drop.

Did you do anything special with the block and coolant ports? I don't have them infront of me but was told it didn't line up

I'm running a 6.7 head on an ISB Block... Pretty much the Same. Theres one port in the rear I opened up....

I used std mls 6.7 gasket with some passages cut out of gasket. I never had problems with it leaking. I’ll shoot you a text with pic of where gasket had to be trimmed.

97rada who are you getting pistons from, im looking to build a 12v 6.7 filled block myself an was wondering who would be a good supplier to use

97rada who are you getting pistons from, im looking to build a 12v 6.7 filled block myself an was wondering who would be a good supplier to use

I am building a wet block engine. My Pistons will be coming from infinite performance but really depends on what you want. A lot of people can make them for you.

I'm pretty sure 2 holes need to be opened up. I have pictures somewhere, I'll post them up if I can find them

The Rear most Coolant Port on a CR Head is much smaller than the ISB Block, I only remember opening that one up to match the gasket.

Back