Vendors/Installation Shops

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
:aiwebs_029: I had an install of an Edge Attitude kit on a 99 Dodge. Why does Edge put us in a bad position when asking for cost to install a kit of theirs, when they have the words : EASY 10 MINUTE INSTALLATION- right on the front of the box!!

Now I have a fairly well equipped shop and when I seen these words I said NO WAY-NO HOW can anyone do this installation in 10 minutes start to finish.

Obviously Edge feels differently being that they print those words right on the cover of their products box.:eek:penmouth:

I demand that Edge either remove those words from the box or otherwise PROVE IT. :dead-horse-fast2:

Let us see that in ten minutes this kit can be installed completely- up and running in their posted 10 minute timeframe....

Not gonna happen. :dead-horse-fast2:

And if you are particular about how you want your work to reflect quality and neatness for a sound installation- then you can forget about it,:aiwebs_018: heck I don't care even if you are throwing it on without care for neatness that anybody could do the job in 10 minutes.

Edge do you realize that you are making this difficult on the shops that support your products with that statement?:badidea:

Do others feel what I'm saying here?:bang :bang :bang

The truck I worked on did not have any gauges installed before this, so we had to drill and tap the manifold with care not dropping any metal bits into the engine, by drilling slow and using a shop vac next to the drill bit and then again as you tap for threads and hook up the rest of the monitoring- boost- fp- trans temp, and also installing the wiring neatly with care to secure the wiring away from heat or sharp objects, ect. And then mounting the in cab controller.

No way is it a 10 minute proceedure....

the job is pretty straight forward- but no way is it a 10 minute deal.

I agree whole-heartedly. Edge, however, is not the only culprit. I have seen other vendors put ridiculous time frames concerning installations as well. They get the brown poopie award for putting it on the box!

My guess is, and has been, that the Edge marketing department was working on the "Juice" product line when building the boxes. Then when the "Attitude" monitor was incorporated into the kit they had a brain fade and just reused the majority of the material.

I love EDGE Products.... I really think they are going in the wrong direction though. Something as simple as the box thing makes it tough for me as well.

2 pennies from 1-Eye

Don't get me wrong here- I like the Edge Products as well- always have. But something like this does have an impact on the shops that install their products............:bang

Not to be a butthole, but you knew it had a pyro right? If so you know that it aint gonna be 10 minutes. The Juice may take 10 minutes, but any shop worth their salt isn't gonna allow 10 minutes for the install of a pyro, let alone an attitude. If the shop quoted me 10 minutes, I'd run screaming, because they aint gonna be around long enough to worry about anyway.

Problem is when the customer comes in thinkin its gonna be a 10 minute deal- and its not, "But it says so right on the box".........

Then they think the installer is ripping them for more time....

See what I'm saying?

I do, but if all the manufacturers stated ACTUAL time for installs, nobody would buy this stuff LOL

As long as the product maintains its integrity and quality- people will STILL buy it no matter how long it takes to install it........

10 minute install

I have ran into this several times and especialy on the new 6.7 dodge. When the customer says "it says it on the box" I say yes it does and let me connect you to the people that put that there. I call edge and let their tech support deal with them. The worst has been their tech support asking why can't you do this in that time its a simple plug and play install.LOL LOL LOL

Shane

I'm with you here. I've ran into the same problem. The customer asks can you install it and you say yes it will be about this much. Then you get a dumb look, and a That much for what? Like thay were expecting it for free.(If it took ten minutes maybe) Anyway then you have to explain it to them how long it takes. Then they say, but the box says.......Thanks alot :kick:

The box doesn't say how many people were working on it, maybe it takes 10 minutes with 8 guys all working on it at the same time......OK, lets get real, they probably had one of the TV shows install it and they did it in 10 minutes of video footage:hehe:

I here ya I work at a shop and it takes a good 6-8 hours to do a full install of an intake, programmer ( chip, box, etc ) exhaust and water/meth. These customers feel it should take no time at all....

The install of the Attitude will only take 10 minutes. But the Juice and harness is where the time comes in.

Back