officially done with conversion lines

cummins cowboy

lost another line tonight so im giving up and gonna rebend my vp lines. not sure what the problem is but i've cracked more lines than i care to count. ran both .120 stainless and .093 mild steel lines. lines are all clamped, supported, and properly torqued. figure it will be a good time to swap injectors and dv's while im at it too.

yeah wish i would have done that instead. could have too with all the time and money ive spent on it

funny thing is my buddys truck with the same lines im running with no supports or extra clamps hasnt broke any lines....i must have really bad luck

yeah wish i would have done that instead. could have too with all the time and money ive spent on it

funny thing is my buddys truck with the same lines im running with no supports or extra clamps hasnt broke any lines....i must have really bad luck

Could it be that the supports and clamps are putting stress on the lines?
I dont want to jinx myself but I have never lost one.

Thought about stepping down a size or two in lines? I've had the .078" lines on my truck for 3 years now, and other than the #1 leaking at the fitting at the head, they have been good. They fit like ****, but no cracks.

I just bought a set of .093" lines for my new pump setup, hopefully the last like the smaller set.

dont think it is the supports causing the problem. had more problems without the supports than with them.

not too worried about the integrity of the vp lines from rebending them. only going to bend them enough to make them work and look semi decent. not trying to rebend them to match the look of the conversion lines. besides if i break them they wont cost me anything to replace. i have several sets of vp lines at my disposal

thought about getting a smaller set of lines but dont want to spend another $450 on lines after all the money ive already spent on them

well im glad to know that not only mine r **** off looking i thought ray charles could of done a better job expecially for the price we pay has any one ever to get them to work right out of the bag like they say they should i dont think they were ever mocked up on any head

and look like dog **** too they said i could use my old clamps and there is now way n hell i could wish i would of got them with em then they should of been closer

sorry to hear man!! mine fit like a glove and havent had one problem yet (knock on wood) mine are the .093 milds

I have been thinking of taking fuel line, slicing it, wrapping my lines when I get them on and making my own set of clamps. That way the rubber acts as a damper system for the lines. Just my .02

I got my lines from Woodruff, they fit like they were factory, although I had to lap the connector tubes to the injector lines to get them to seal up. no cracks so far, but it really doesn't have many miles on it yet, been fighting head problems.

I got my lines from Woodruff, they fit like they were factory, although I had to lap the connector tubes to the injector lines to get them to seal up. no cracks so far, but it really doesn't have many miles on it yet, been fighting head problems.

I wonder if those came from Schied too. Does anyone know if Woodruff does any business with Schied?

The Schied lines I had fit like chit. And I blew the #2 TWICE. One of the reasons I went back to a vp.

I really don't see whats so damn hard to make on these things.

Back