Houston Raceway Park ~ August 7th!!

Just made it in! I would not suggest the trek we just did to anyone! Ohio to Houston and back non stop but to pick up the truck and fuel....... Got about 5 hours of sleep each for two guys rotating driving....... thanks daniel!

I was gonna bring it Friday and surprise you guys but it made it out partially, here is a pic of her for those of you that don't know about this truck.

I was gonna build my durmax motor but got this truck for less than my build and it should scoot a bit faster down the track.

78 dodge lil red express with mild tuned cummins and twin turbos no drugs.

We are gonna run this truck off the trailer at the track with zero testing so should be interesting.

Almost forgot this truck was a original Houston Texas truck glad to get her back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that George's old truck ?

The next date will have to be Oct. 16th.
The track is booked for the 1st Friday.
The 2nd Friday most of us will be in Dallas for the event up there.

The idea behind the Shootout was to get everyone together at the same time and same place on a once a month schedule.
We wanted it to be a casual thing where we matched up the 2 quickest trucks for a winner take all "Shootout" but most of all to get together and have fun.
Because of the great turnout it has gotten a little confused. Something we will be discussing.
I like to go out and race and hangout will all you guys for no other reason than to have fun.
That's part of the reason I don't participate in the trophy thing. I don't care about the reward, it's the participation that I enjoy.

David, Joe and Myself will be having a meeting to discuss the issues and will be reporting back as soon as possible.

Michael
HotRodDiesels & Crew

Back