pros and cons of the 6.0 motor

would the egr delete make a differencein the way it runs or is it just alot better on the motor

Nope. It just allows you to delete the cooler instead of replacing it. Cause sometimes if you don't replace it you might pop another oil cooler.

did you get the truck as a gift? inherritance?

why would you ask about the pros/cons of a vehicle AFTER you already bought it? :confused:

naw i just got a really good deal on it and i was deciding if i wanted to keep it or resale it im just tryin to find out wat the most common problems are

naw i just got a really good deal on it and i was deciding if i wanted to keep it or resale it im just tryin to find out wat the most common problems are

In all reality the most common problem is the person driving the vehicle. Some guys get away with stuff for years and there are others that can't seem to drive there truck before destroying it.

They aren't the most popular diesel that is for sure, before we switched to the D-Maxes we had 2, 6.ohno's they where strong pullers but after head 3 headgaskets, and 2 egr coolers and a terrible Ford dealership which is most likely the cause of half our problems. We gave up. The truck were nice no doubt about that. But it all dpends on how you dive it. We pull a 48 foot 6 horse slant with full liveing quarters. GCWR over 38K just kills trucks. Good luck with the truck

I have a '06 and when it runs, it runs great, when it wants to be a PITA it definatly is.. BUt overall i'm plenty happy withj it, it has done everything i have ever asked plus some.. But had a Bumpy road getting here

They aren't the most popular diesel that is for sure, before we switched to the D-Maxes we had 2, 6.ohno's they where strong pullers but after head 3 headgaskets, and 2 egr coolers and a terrible Ford dealership which is most likely the cause of half our problems. We gave up. The truck were nice no doubt about that. But it all dpends on how you dive it. We pull a 48 foot 6 horse slant with full liveing quarters. GCWR over 38K just kills trucks. Good luck with the truck

Have you looked into sales figures at all?

In all reality the most common problem is the person driving the vehicle. Some guys get away with stuff for years and there are others that can't seem to drive there truck before destroying it.

ain't that the truth!!! I know some guys that could destroy an anvil with a feather duster...

there are kids in my town that are constantly blowing up D80's, Sterlings, transmissions, etc. and their trucks are 300-350hp Superchip/Straightpipe monsters! :rolleyes:

everybody bashes everyone else,but the truth is we all love diesels!! even though some suck 6.0 ect!! lol just kiddin have fun with it good luck!!

so, the general consensus is to get an egr delete? Would just getting the up-pipe be as beneficial? I was intending on leaving mine stock, but now I want to build it up a bit. You know that mod bug is a tricky sum-*****.

Have you looked into sales figures at all?

Have you seen all the posts on all these sites about there isues? Google 6.0 powerstroke. I don't think I was bashin it by any means. And your gonna tell me last time at the track you saw more or just as many PS as there where Cummins and D-Maxes?

Have you seen all the posts on all these sites about there isues? Google 6.0 powerstroke. I don't think I was bashin it by any means. And your gonna tell me last time at the track you saw more or just as many PS as there where Cummins and D-Maxes?

SO have you seen all the post on this site about the weak points of the chevy or the dodge?

SO have you seen all the post on this site about the weak points of the chevy or the dodge?

Those don't count; we are in the 6.0 Powerstroke forums.

Hey speaking of which, why is this area the 6.0 Powerstroke area and not the 6.0 Power Stroke area? Power Stroke is two words not one.

I think you can ask me what the strong and weak points of the Duramax as I own 2 now. The LB7 seems to hate it's injectors, and my LBZ may crack a piston. Once again I am not bashin, we had great luck with our 7.3's Power Stroke and IDI. But our 6.0 was the worst diesel we have ever owned. Is it junk? No if you have the money and time they can be made to run pretty good. But for my family haulin horses across the nation, time is money and a truck sittin in the shop with it's cab off the frame isn't real cost effective. I told you that our local Ford dealership was to blame for most of our issues. But man you guys have your blnders on and only see the negative in the posts. So I guess I will just bow out I am not here to argue with any of you. If it has a Diesel I like it no question.

Back