Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #1
Bruno2

Name: Bruno2
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
EGR Delete?

I have already used the search function, but didnt really come up with any good info. Is there a step by step thread that anybody knows about here? Does anybody have any good videos to recommend?

I watched one where the guys doing the video just pulled everything off, installed the block offs and called it done.

Then I hear things about getting a tuner that resets or compensates for something now that the EGR system is gone.

Then maybe a DPF pipe???

Who sells a good turn key kit for the delete?

Old 12-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Bought mine from "full pull tuning" was about 40bucks. Look his website up, he's very helpful and will answer any question. My truck was already tuned, so I just unplugged the two connectors and tied them back.

Even though it was "tuned" I could see where it was still opening some and leaking, made a pretty good difference deleting it. Also lowered engine temp about 20° when towing heavy. Not heating the coolant up from the egr cooler.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
Highfinance97

Name: Highfinance97
Title: Garofalo Enterprises
Member`s Gallery
Bruno, give me a shout and I’ll explain everything to you and make it easy to understand.

Www.garofaloent.net

Old 12-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
You can get an EGR and Throttle Valve removal kit from eBay for $68 shipped. The kit fits well. I think a CompD moderator sells them, but then again it's probably a common name.

Go to Sinisters website, find the kit, look for the instructions. Installation of the kit should take about 2 hours. If you have a dual radiator truck, draining the coolant is the biggest b1tch, IMHO.

Yes, you will need tuning.

If you reroute the EGR, you might as well update the DPF and SCR catalyst (if applicable) as well.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
gmc500

Name: gmc500
Title: HELP
Member`s Gallery
I wouldn't buy one from Sinister, that's my only 2 cents in this conversation.

Instagram @the_destroyer_cummins

Old 12-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc500 View Post
I wouldn't buy one from Sinister, that's my only 2 cents in this conversation.
Not saying to buy the Sinister kit, just recommending that he read their instructions so he knows what he is getting in to.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #7
regcanfan

Name: regcanfan
Member`s Gallery
I dont know if you could find one on the web, but I have a old h&s booklet that I've used and its nice with pictures and what not. One tid bit I would give is use an egr kit that plugs the coolant pipe and the block vs reconnecting it to the block. Less room for leaks. Also, buy a cheap 15mm wrench ( if I remember right) and cut it down for the cooler bolts that hold it on to the manifold.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
gmc500

Name: gmc500
Title: HELP
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD TRCTR View Post
Not saying to buy the Sinister kit, just recommending that he read their instructions so he knows what he is getting in to.
fair enough, just wanted to make sure my opinion got in

Instagram @the_destroyer_cummins

Old 12-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #9
red dodge2

Name: red dodge2
Member`s Gallery
Bought the kit from deviant race parts through pure diesel power. Installation was easy.

Tow rig: 2022 ram 3500 Laramie

puller: 97 3.6 pro stock diesel truck "CUMMIN ATCHA"

thanks to: Puredieselpower, Haisley Machine, Miley machine & fabrication, Northeast Diesel

Old 12-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #10
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I've had my valve turned off for a long time and I've had a box full of parts for the cooler/throttle body delete, but have never found the free time. Does it change anything I'd notice from the cab? Like is throttle response increased? Or would that just be eliminating weight and the risk of a cooler leak?

Old 12-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #11
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
I've had my valve turned off for a long time and I've had a box full of parts for the cooler/throttle body delete, but have never found the free time. Does it change anything I'd notice from the cab? Like is throttle response increased? Or would that just be eliminating weight and the risk of a cooler leak?
Mine was turned off also, when I pulled the valve off the shaft was shiny clean for over 1/4" where it was moving constantly.
I could undoubtedly feel a difference in the truck after, and the engine temp reduced an average of 20°. I never liked it running at 220° plus while towing, stays at 200 after.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #12
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Mine was turned off also, when I pulled the valve off the shaft was shiny clean for over 1/4" where it was moving constantly.
I could undoubtedly feel a difference in the truck after, and the engine temp reduced an average of 20°. I never liked it running at 220° plus while towing, stays at 200 after.
Good deal! I also have a box of studs and injectors that need to go in. I'll have to find a day and actually do it.

Closed Thread