Wanted: 8ft bed to fit 2009 Dodge.

Hey, I emailed you the troubleshooting section from the handy dandy Cummins bible. If you need anything else you know where to find me.

Got it. Thank you, Sir. I think the shop needs to inspect the return lines first. When they find they are restricted and fix that, I think they need to pay to have someone fix the issues it caused unfortunately.

Sound like an cracked injector body, not a head gasket as posted originally. Damn the luck.

Got it. Thank you, Sir. I think the shop needs to inspect the return lines first. When they find they are restricted and fix that, I think they need to pay to have someone fix the issues it caused unfortunately.

Sound like an cracked injector body, not a head gasket as posted originally. Damn the luck.

I have doubt that it hurt an injector if that makes you feel better.
Hopefully they can find and rectify the issue, then change your oil and filter and you'll be good to go.
I would recommend you warn them that a CP3 seal or damaged injector seal could be a future result of their mistake, and you'll be watching the oil level like a hawk.

I have doubt that it hurt an injector if that makes you feel better.
Hopefully they can find and rectify the issue, then change your oil and filter and you'll be good to go.
I would recommend you warn them that a CP3 seal or damaged injector seal could be a future result of their mistake, and you'll be watching the oil level like a hawk.

So....injector is fine, just the body is cracked? I thought it was all the same. Are they separate where the body could be swapped cheaper? Enlighten me.

When he said "well, I guess I should have blown through the return line" I got a little scared. Those lines I gave them were setting outside on the frame for a long time. Probably full of bugs and mud.

So....injector is fine, just the body is cracked? I thought it was all the same. Are they separate where the body could be swapped cheaper? Enlighten me.

When he said "well, I guess I should have blown through the return line" I got a little scared. Those lines I gave them were setting outside on the frame for a long time. Probably full of bugs and mud.

What I am saying is that I believe the fuel is getting in your oil due to back pressure from a pinched fuel return. Or mud and bugs LOL. You left that part out when you gave me the scenario. Yes he should have checked your used lines for flow.
The return pressure would be forced passed the injector o-ring that retains return fuel and allows it to run back to the tank. There is a passage built into the head and a little tiny hole in the injector body that is for all the fuel not injected into the cylinder. Very low pressure compared to the rail side.

I doubt you have a bad injector period. Maybe orings maybe CP3 seal.

Well, that's even better news! Once he gets back with me and confirms the blockage, I will figure out what to do. Best option is probably to haul it to Blackwell and let my buddy Trent go through it. He's opened his diesel shop back up since he moved back home. He's one I trust to do it correctly.

Or, maybe if it was blocked, maybe I take oil and a filter down there, change them out, and start it and see if it still leaks into the crank case. That's would make my day. And I might have to sent you a bottle of whiskey for your efforts. :D

And he didn't tell me the part about "he didn't blow through the return line" until lunch time so that was news to me about an hour and a half ago.

Well, that's even better news! Once he gets back with me and confirms the blockage, I will figure out what to do. Best option is probably to haul it to Blackwell and let my buddy Trent go through it. He's opened his diesel shop back up since he moved back home. He's one I trust to do it correctly.

Or, maybe if it was blocked, maybe I take oil and a filter down there, change them out, and start it and see if it still leaks into the crank case. That's would make my day. And I might have to sent you a bottle of whiskey for your efforts. :D

And he didn't tell me the part about "he didn't blow through the return line" until lunch time so that was news to me about an hour and a half ago.

Yes. Best case is you drive it home and keep an eye on the oil level. Should be good to go. You do not need to send me whiskey.. If my math is correct, this evens us up...for now. :Cheer:

Probably wouldn't hurt to change your fuel filter after the first or second tank if there was that much junk in the lines. CR systems hate debris and water, as you probably already know.

You should also encourage them to change the oil and filter for you and take a new oil sample to an SOS lab to get a baseline. Sample again (at their expense) whenever you deem necessary, that'll give you a more accurate depiction of what's going on without waiting for the oil level to rise, if it does.

I will take Jeff's whiskey.

Last edited:
I have a new fuel filter I can toss on it. I bought it at about the 80K mile mark. Never got around to put it on. At 175K miles now...and still on the original fuel filter from the factory. I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed. LOL

I have a new fuel filter I can toss on it. I bought it at about the 80K mile mark. Never got around to put it on. At 175K miles now...and still on the original fuel filter from the factory. I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed. LOL

You should be ashamed, and I dare say chastised for your negligence.

Jory...c'mon man. The fact you even have any fuel pressure is a miracle in itself!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jory...c'mon man. The fact you even have any fuel pressure is a miracle in itself!

So true. To think I call this dude a friend. I'm ashamed of myself LOL

I mean, in my business, I depend on folks to think like this, but damn, this is Jory. I demand that my quote about is intelligence be stricken from his signature. :hehe:

Wow! I've let my air dog go a couple yrs before and felt terrible about it. And that was only maybe 20k miles total! Although after totaling my Jetta, I'm driving the truck to work now, minimum 100mi a day, so it's due again anytime.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Seriously though, the filter on this truck has 175K miles on it. It's never been changed. I think its a miracle myself. I just never think about it. I definitely get it changed when I get it back. I'll take a picture of it when I pull it.

They are pulling the fuel lines right now to see if there is a blockage in the return and going to do an oil change before they start it up to see if anything else got permanently damaged.

Seriously though, the filter on this truck has 175K miles on it. It's never been changed. I think its a miracle myself. I just never think about it. I definitely get it changed when I get it back. I'll take a picture of it when I pull it.

They are pulling the fuel lines right now to see if there is a blockage in the return and going to do an oil change before they start it up to see if anything else got permanently damaged.

I hope for the best, even if your maintenance regiment is awful. :) That being said, I still think you are swell, and I'm going to stop messing until there is word on your rig.

I was thinking last night they could have reversed the lines. We ran into that once, but it was a VP truck.

The word for everyone else, since Snedge already knows, is that the clogged return line blew the seals out of the CP3. Drained almost 9 gallons out of the pan. She's clean as a whistle inside! LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2525[1].JPG
    IMG_2525[1].JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 0
In other news....at least I got to drive it!...up on a trailer. :doh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2520[1].jpg
    IMG_2520[1].jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 0