DIY Catch Can System

[meh]I didn't have any issues before I installed it, and it didn't create any issues, so I guess "I like it". [/meh]

For keeping the track clean it seems like a good system. I think I will use it to pull a vacuum on my radiator overflow next season hoping that it will draw coolant out of the bottle and vapor it off in the exhaust if I lift the head again. (at the very least I need to run a larger coolant bottle with a larger vent and a different internal design to prevent external leakage but that will be a discussion for a later date)

Did this work well? Seems like it doesn't have a lot of ventilation. Maybe it pulls more vacuum than I think

I tried one and then two venturis on my set-up, but still didn't create a vacuum. I've done them on gas headers with success but I didn't get them to work. I'm interested if the OP has taken any vacuum measurements. I love the idea in having a vacuum for crankcase but don't really want to run a pump.

I never got a chance to measure the crank case pressure. If its lower than without the venturi its a win IMO. Negative pressure would be sweet though.

Back